2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly think the only way this ends well for Everton is if some Saudi club come in for him. Nobody in the league is giving him massive wages, not with his injury record.
Not just the wages, it will be the length of contract he'll be after.

I honestly think the only way this ends well for Everton is if some Saudi club come in for him. Nobody in the league is giving him massive wages, not with his injury record.
You think Saudi will allow a grown man that dresses up like a school girl to work in their country? That's probably a stoneable offence / forfeiture of male genitals.

We don’t know the details of the kind of discussions that have gone on. If he’s hoping for a three or more year contract then he has to be more amiable /realistic in negotiations , given his injury record in particular.

Given our situation we can’t be making players one of the highest earners and not even being able to perform for a considerable time. It would be another poor decision to do so when that wage could be used on someone more reliable.

I would take 15mill,he will be half arsed back end of season because he,s already been tapped up by some one for the end of his contract,thanks for the palace goal,but lets both move on.

I would take 15mill,he will be half arsed back end of season because he,s already been tapped up by some one for the end of his contract,thanks for the palace goal,but lets both move on.
We took £10m for Barkley when he was still thought of as a young talent and before it was shown that he couldn`t cut it at the top. DCL can`t be seen as a young talent and I think we`ve seen him at about as good as he`ll ever get already.

….he’ll be off if the right offer comes in and he agrees to leave but if he decides to run his contract down it might just help secure our top flight status going into BMD.

He knows his next contract is his last big one and he’s just had a kid, rightly for him he will try to maximise that.

No one actually knows what’s happening behind the scenes, this is one where you have to trust the manager and Dof.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back