2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.

DCL signing a new contract at Everton is clearly the best option but just now it doesn't seem as if the player wants to sign.

I think the clubs attitude is that unless we get a decent fee then we will keep him for the final year and see what happens next summer.

In twelve months time Chermiti may very able to take on the role as main striker, I think he will get to play a lot next season, he does look to have talent.

I think we could be lucky with DCL if Dyche can unlock some attacking play that suits him, while Beto and Chermiti push him to play better. I can't see any club that would be able to give DCL any proper career progression now, because the 2nd tier Champions League clubs won't really look at him now with his recent scoring record, and he need 2 seasons of consistency to really attract a big club. I would love to see 2 up front, but the best season we had from DCL was simple - King Carlo unlocked some simple tactics to play to his abilities. Now we have to find a way of doing something similar, but with other players and a different approach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back