2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
No doubt, but if he’s determined he’s off I’d be suprised if he came to an unwavering decision in the last 3 weeks.
If he knew at the end of last season I’d be equally suprised if he allowed himself to be in them, or if the club allowed it unless they are prepared to keep him to the end of his contract.
If both parties knew and were perusing an out for him, can’t see him being featured tbh.
Someone paying the alleged £30m+ no doubt would have changed minds though.
I doubt he has a choice not to be in them its probably in his contract that he has to do whatever marketing the club ask him to do and why would he care anyway? He's worn an Everton kit for about 10 years why would he refuse to be seen wearing the new one?

I doubt he has a choice not to be in them its probably in his contract that he has to do whatever marketing the club ask him to do and why would he care anyway? He's worn an Everton kit for about 10 years why would he refuse to be seen wearing the new one?
Same reason some players refuse to train when they want out.
Much softer show of intent but for the same effect.
Besides it’s as much about the club as anything, if they think he’s going, selling new kits with his grid in the photos and the inevitable sales with his name on the back, you would hope result in some hesitation to save having to refund / exchange them when he goes (if it’s inevitable)

Same reason some players refuse to train when they want out.
Much softer show of intent but for the same effect.
Besides it’s as much about the club as anything, if they think he’s going, selling new kits with his grid in the photos and the inevitable sales with his name on the back, you would hope result in some hesitation to save having to refund / exchange them when he goes (if it’s inevitable)
Its not the same thing at all players refusing to train is usually a last resort to force through a move when a situation has broken down badly there hasn't been any suggestion thats the case here at all he just hasn't signed a new contract theres not been a single report that he's desperately trying to force through a move why would he risk getting fined a couple of weeks wages for refusing to wear a kit for a couple of photos it would make no sense! Any player would be sold if we received an offer that makes it worthwhile so unless we just don't put any players in the promotional stuff I don't know what else we can do about the rest of it.

Bobby Zamora had the best song ever when he was at West ham IMO.
To the tune of 'That's Amore'. "When the ball hits your head, and you're sat in row Z, THAT'S ZAMORA!"
Not as good as Zamora's, but Rangers song about Carlos Cuellar always stuck in my mind.

He's six-foot-three with curly hair
His teeth are fu**ed but we don't care
Carlos Cuellar, Rangers centre half.

_44398717_carlos_cuellar_220sns.webp

No wonders he is not signing the new contract...cant blame him. He probably knows fair well what's going on in the club and how uncertain is our future as a football club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back