2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
The villa game was an isolated incident nobody should be proud of.
He doesnt get boo'd or abused at any game. Its a crock of sh!t to suggest he's abused in general at this club.
Well my originating point is that I know I'd find it hard to get over the treatment he got away at Villa - and hence, I wouldn't blame him if he wants to leave.

Well my originating point is that I know I'd find it hard to get over the treatment he got away at Villa - and hence, I wouldn't blame him if he wants to leave.

Been here before with this. He's celebrated in front of Everton fans many times since then. If he wanted to make a point im sure he would of.
Its being blown out of proportion by a few on this forum who cant wait to jump on the calvert lewin is treated badly at this club bandwagon.
He prob wants to leave because he thinks he can do better. Thats his choice. No problem with that.

Exactly. Whilst he may not be abused every game he's not exactly beloved. People act like players owe us something but for the most part they really don't. This is definitely true in this case.

How about no games?
Whats all this beloved stuff? We dont get very much out of him in terms of minutes on the pitch or goals. What are you expecting. Dixie dean levels of admiration?
Put the violins away mate. He's done pretty well out of Everton.

The reaction at the Villa away game was more frustration being shown by fans as we`d waited so long for him to get back to start in the team, and not so much a showing dislike of the player.
Exactly. Whilst he may not be abused every game he's not exactly beloved. People act like players owe us something but for the most part they really don't. This is definitely true in this case.
If he scored more goals that would change. If he wants to leave he could do so this summer, likewise if he wanted to stay he`d of signed up to a new deal.

How about no games?
Whats all this beloved stuff? We dont get very much out of him in terms of minutes on the pitch or goals. What are you expecting. Dixie dean levels of admiration?
Put the violins away mate. He's done pretty well out of Everton.
No violins from me. If he goes, he goes. It doesn't make him a villain, it doesn't make him a hero. He's an employee and when his contract's up, he's free to move on. You're the one who seems all emotional about it.

We'll miss him when he's gone. Beto is not fit to replace him. So Thelwell had better have a plan.

The reaction at the Villa away game was more frustration being shown by fans as we`d waited so long for him to get back to start in the team, and not so much a showing dislike of the player.

If he scored more goals that would change. If he wants to leave he could do so this summer, likewise if he wanted to stay he`d of signed up to a new deal.
He doesn't want to stay. That's obvious. He may end up staying, but that will be because the alternatives are worse.

No violins from me. If he goes, he goes. It doesn't make him a villain, it doesn't make him a hero. He's an employee and when his contract's up, he's free to move on. You're the one who seems all emotional about it.

We'll miss him when he's gone. Beto is not fit to replace him. So Thelwell had better have a plan.

Not one bit of emotion. Just some of this forum with the same bullsh!t he's hard done by.
He isnt.

Not one bit of emotion. Just some of this forum with the same bullsh!t he's hard done by.
He isnt.
Very few people are saying that millionaire footballer Dominic Calvert-Lewin is "hard done by". Most posters that I assume you are ascribing this sentiment to are simply pointing out that he doesn't owe the fans anything here, as is the case for the vast majority of players at their clubs. So if he chooses to leave either this summer or at the end of his contract it doesn't make him a villain, which a lot of posters are suggesting.

Once again, we're a weaker team if he leaves. None of our current forwards are equipped to do the role he does for the team. I hope he stays.

Very few people are saying that millionaire footballer Dominic Calvert-Lewin is "hard done by". Most posters that I assume you are ascribing this sentiment to are simply pointing out that he doesn't owe the fans anything here, as is the case for the vast majority of players at their clubs. So if he chooses to leave either this summer or at the end of his contract it doesn't make him a villain, which a lot of posters are suggesting.

Once again, we're a weaker team if he leaves. None of our current forwards are equipped to do the role he does for the team. I hope he stays.

Ive never really got into that. I dont think he owes the club anything. By the same token i think he's done well out of Everton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back