2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I don't get is how he gets match fit if he doesn't play any minutes?

He doesn't really need to be "match fit" tbh, we've seen before the difference he makes to the team when he comes in even when he hasn't played in months. As soon as they think his body is completely ready he'll be straight in. Whether it will ever be completely ready again is another story, I suspect not.

Hes not bang average. Hes just never available and you cannot build a team and system round someone who doesn't play.

I just dont understand why the club won't replace him and accept his availability means he will be a squad player. But equally that's no bad thing because we haven't had a decent attacker to bring off the bench in years.

He's the new Andy Carroll. 1 good season at 23 then his remaining years on the treatment table until he retires.

The only thing we'll regret is not ever making some money off him.

Did anybody say he wasn’t match fit or is this just imagined crap I didn’t hear dyche say it he said there was a program that he hadn’t completed yet that’s not the same thing at all.

So much weird hate for him on here when he hasn't finished a 'programme' designed by the coaching staff to conclude after the first game of the season. What is he supposed to do, like? Manager picks the team, not him. And, if he is really finishing this rehab programme in the next few days, then God knows why he wasn't on the bench. The idea that he can play 45 mins last Saturday, but not 20 today is ridiculous to me.
Obviously the programme includes X amount of training sessions before featuring competitively. He had a few days off last week for the birth of his child and I think that's fair enough.

Hes not bang average. Hes just never available and you cannot build a team and system round someone who doesn't play.

I just dont understand why the club won't replace him and accept his availability means he will be a squad player. But equally that's no bad thing because we haven't had a decent attacker to bring off the bench in years.
Simply because it doesn't actually solve the problem, all it does is push it to one side. Let's say we sign Beto on Tuesday, he comes in, we know he can play in the first team (unlike Chermiti who is likely to come off the bench at first) and everyone is a bit happier as we go into the game next against Villa thinking we might actually have half a chance rather than worrying about how many chances Maupey is going to fluff (although I think once he gets one, he will get a load)
Now all of that might get us through the next few games and maybe even a bit more but at the end of the day we would still have a crocked player sitting in the background who we can't sell because nobody will buy because of his fitness and because of the fact it's been going on for nearly 3 years we won't get any kind of value for him (he is entering his prime anatomical years now for sport) and his record is nothing out of the ordinary (albeit things might have been different had he had better fitness) I feel sorry for Dom and the club, it's an awkward situation it truly is.

So unlucky that his rehab finished just after full time, during the post match press conference.

Dyche: ‘He wasn‘t at the end of his rehab in time for the squad announcement for today’s fixture but he is now if someone wants to splurge 60 million big ones on him’

Simply because it doesn't actually solve the problem, all it does is push it to one side. Let's say we sign Beto on Tuesday, he comes in, we know he can play in the first team (unlike Chermiti who is likely to come off the bench at first) and everyone is a bit happier as we go into the game next against Villa thinking we might actually have half a chance rather than worrying about how many chances Maupey is going to fluff (although I think once he gets one, he will get a load)
Now all of that might get us through the next few games and maybe even a bit more but at the end of the day we would still have a crocked player sitting in the background who we can't sell because nobody will buy because of his fitness and because of the fact it's been going on for nearly 3 years we won't get any kind of value for him (he is entering his prime anatomical years now for sport) and his record is nothing out of the ordinary (albeit things might have been different had he had better fitness) I feel sorry for Dom and the club, it's an awkward situation it truly is.
If you replaced DCL adaquately then he becomes a player who is often on the bench, and ocassionally starts. But more importantly his lack of availability hurts the side less because we have options. When he is available it's a nice bonus because he can still contribute.

Bringing in a new first choice centre forward who can impact the team right away this season, would make an enormous difference to this side.

Your number 1 centre forward cannot be someone who is hardly ever available. I cannot understand why the club refuse to accept this.

So unlucky that his rehab finished just after full time, during the post match press conference.

I get Dyche is trying something new to get him out of a cycle of being fit for a handful of games, then out for months.

Still doesn't change the fact we need a new striker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back