2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact we’re playing him makes me think he might sign a new deal.

If not we’re mugs.

We better have given him a deadline and it would want to be about now.

3 scenarios:

- We sell him this Summer
- He doesn’t sign a new deal and he leaves free next Summer
- He signs a new deal

2 of those 3 scenarios he’s our starting striker this season. He had to play tonight.

Can’t see anything other than option 2 at this stage

You have to force that scenario, he has a right to stay, we have a right to say ok, you can stay - you won’t be playing - we’re going with the forwards who are going to be here long term and plan for the future, a year on the sidelines his value in negotiating elsewhere on a reduced profile and age works against him in 12 months time and ultimately he won’t be the value he is right now. Thats the games that will be, being played at the moment.

Part of me thinks he’s upset, that he wasn’t offered a new deal until May and he’s said right - ill string you along now, see how you like it see what comes up…he might be begining to over play his hand and he’s going to have a tough gig here for 12 months not signing. He strikes me as a sensitive lad.

Heard a whisper today that he didn’t move to Newcastle as he didn’t want to move there, could be rubbish, but heard it none the less.

Last edited:

He's been dreadful in pre-season if this is his attitude I hope we get him out of the club as soon as.

Very disappointed with DCL seriously I am, completely lost all "love" I had for him he get GTF

He looks disinterested alright. Now that he's publicly said he wants out he thinks he already is out

See this is going to be the implication for him if he stays mate, if he costs the club money, he’s going to get dogs abuse. If he’s in a patch of bad form, he’s not committed and doesn’t care etc.

It’s preseason and it’s already started.

Best for everyone either he signs or goes.

He’s not thriving here unless he signs.

Think the client journalism from the echo is going to rustle my jimmies tomorrow. It'll be one of the following

"Still our best option"
"We know what he is capable of"
"Scored some important goals"
"As important as Branthwaite"
"Brings more than goals"

See this is going to be the implication for him if he stays, if he costs the club money, he’s going to get dogs abuse. If he’s in a patch of bad form, he’s not committed and doesn’t care etc.

I agree
He doesn't score enough for people to understand him being first choice while he runs down his contract
I think getting boo'd having smashed his cheekbone trying to score was probably the beginning of the end for him.
He either needs to sign and commit or go, like you say

See this is going to be the implication for him if he stays mate, if he costs the club money, he’s going to get dogs abuse. If he’s in a patch of bad form, he’s not committed and doesn’t care etc.

Needs to go imo

Those wages could be spent on someone more productive

I agree
He doesn't score enough for people to understand him being first choice while he runs down his contract
I think getting boo'd having smashed his cheekbone trying to score was probably the beginning of the end for him.
He either needs to sign and commit or go, like you say

That’s it mate. The club have to give him a deadline to sign a deal. Be clear on their negotiating position and take it to the brink. Either he goes or doesn’t play and see it through to the transfer deadline.

If after the transfer deadline he’s still here without signing and he plays, the fans won’t stick it, hel ultimately be dropped given the abuse hel get as it will undermine the team in my opinion.

I’d be seriously considering taking our offer off the table. In a way it’s now functioning as a safety net- I’ll take a look around and see if I can do better but if not Everton will still stump up 100 odd grand a week. Maybe if he had no concrete offers on the table he’d realise he needs to earn them not be entitled to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back