2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d be seriously considering taking our offer off the table. In a way it’s now functioning as a safety net- I’ll take a look around and see if I can do better but if not Everton will still stump up 100 odd grand a week. Maybe if he had no concrete offers on the table he’d realise he needs to earn them not be entitled to them.

Our fanbase and certainly me are in no mood after two PSR charges in 12 months to support a millionaire in costing the club possibly 10s of millions due to self interest mate, when the club really needs it.

Last edited:
Think he wants the Newcastle move but if they don’t shift Wilson or go cold on him then I wouldn’t be surprised to see him at Brentford or Forest.

It’s got to a point for me where I don’t want him here. If we’re going to improve we need better for that number 9 shirt IMO.

Keeping him here is just more sentimental guff

I think that’s fair mate, it’s why I think he’s over playing his hand, be different if he was Lukaku, even the Yak or Richarlison.

I think he’s picking the wrong fight here.

If it’s a choice between protecting the player or protecting the club, supporters will 100% move to protect the club.

Should have been rid after his purple patch a few years back. Was never going to be the guy we needed leading the line. Stuck with him for one last season. If the club coninutes down the road to giving him a new contract we are certainly doomed. Wasting limited funds on an extremely limited player.

I think that’s fair mate, it’s why I think he’s over playing his hand, be different if he was Lukaku, even the Yak or Richarlison.

I think he’s picking the wrong fight here.

If it’s a choice between protecting the player or protecting the club, supporters will 100% move to protect the club.

It’s in all our interests the lad and every other player does well mate, I’m not arsed about being wrong about players/club, all i want is a better Everton.

To me he’s a player hoping he does well rather than expect it, it’s not enough if the team is to be substantially better . From personal experience he’s another player fans hype up yet others are underwhelmed by.

3 scenarios:

- We sell him this Summer
- He doesn’t sign a new deal and he leaves free next Summer
- He signs a new deal

2 of those 3 scenarios he’s our starting striker this season. He had to play tonight.
Only option I can see is that we sell him. Doubt he wants to run his contract down given his injury record.

It’s in all our interests the lad and every other player does well mate, I’m not arsed about being wrong about players/club, all i want is a better Everton.

To me he’s a player hoping he does well rather than expect it, it’s not enough if the team is to be substantially better . From personal experience he’s another player fans hype up yet others are underwhelmed by.

I think if he signed a contract in May mate no one, probably myself included would have given it a second thought.

But I think introducing jeopardy has got people thinking and reflecting and asking well if we sold him could we do better……suddenly the unknown becomes a potential opportunity.

I would say most of the fanbase do want him gone now,but it has to be now not next season,we need the money.15mill now better than nothing next season,not sure anyone half decent wants or can afford him,skunks maybe.
And what's 15m gonna get us, another Maupay.

I'd rather he stayed, help keep us in the league. And then if he wants out then all the best to him.

Losing 15m on him but staying up, I think the club would look at that as a pretty decent move considering the loss we would encounter with Relegation.

He looks disinterested alright. Now that he's publicly said he wants out he thinks he already is out
With all the offers surrounding him, he must feel wonderful.

The lad needs a good season if he wants a move to a bigger club and get his 'Supposed wage demands'
If he doesn't make the effort to stand out, then who's gonna want a 'Bad Apple' with serious injury concerns come next year.

He may aswell start digging his hole now, if all that is correct ..

Either has been hitting the ball tamely miles wide or straight at the keeper. Getting no power behind his shot. Looks totally disinterested

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back