2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joe Thomas of the Echo was over in Ireland with the squad for a week, he should have been pushing Dyche for an answer on why he's selecting DCl with less than 12 months on his deal and no signs of it being signed.

Not one journalist is questioning why he's getting minute if he isn't signing a contract. We need him shipped out asap to get whatever we can to put towards someone else. Once again Beto came on and looked absolutely miles off it

Joe Thomas of the Echo was over in Ireland with the squad for a week, he should have been pushing Dyche for an answer on why he's selecting DCl with less than 12 months on his deal and no signs of it being signed.

Not one journalist is questioning why he's getting minute if he isn't signing a contract. We need him shipped out asap to get whatever we can to put towards someone else. Once again Beto came on and looked absolutely miles off it

They both need shifting on mate, both are sellable assets that have failed the standards test here and ones warrantee is running out.

In a side that doesn't create a massive number of chances and by and large requires nicking the odd goal after a solid defensive display, you can't have two strikers who over a season were 11 down on there XgPG stats, that's basically a large number of points dropped entirely on missing chances the average player will score.

And what's 15m gonna get us, another Maupay.

I'd rather he stayed, help keep us in the league. And then if he wants out then all the best to him.

Losing 15m on him but staying up, I think the club would look at that as a pretty decent move considering the loss we would encounter with Relegation.
15mill would be nearly all pure profit and helps with psr,that gives us more to spend on any replacement.just dont think Dom is the difference between us staying up or getting relegated,crowd will turn on him even more if he misses a few sitters and hes leaving at the end of the season.if he go,s now i wish him well,thanks for the palace and rs goals,good luck.

The club need to be setting an internal deadline and it needs to be in next week, or two max.

If he doesn't accept the offer, withdraw the offer and put him on the transfer list. The only sensible options are extend or sell.

Instead it tends be the rhetoric of "he's scored important goals in the past" "a fit and firing DCL is worth X" "much better side when he plays". Really frustrating.

There is no way anybody in this squad should be on over £100k a week, apart from possibly Pickford. Certainly not this joke.

I've said it a thousand times and I'll say it again, for a bottom half team which we are, there shouldn't be 1 single player at all on anywhere near 100k a week. It simply shouldn't be happening and any player who wants 100k + should be told no and transfer listed.

100k + a week wages are for clubs fighting for Europa League/Europe Conference, not for clubs whose remit is to avoid relegation and have that as a marker of success.

The club need to be setting an internal deadline and it needs to be in next week, or two max.

If he doesn't accept the offer, withdraw the offer and put him on the transfer list. The only sensible options are extend or sell.
I'm sorry but he has completely lost my support and I hope he has left the Club by the start of the season.

I don't want him to sign a new contract.

I'm ok with either an extension or a sale. But not happy at the idea of him leaving on a free and think we need to do what we can to avoid that.
why though?

people need to have a think about why they would be happy offering a terrible player who turns up a couple of games a season around 100k a week.

it would be better to lose him on a free than be stuck paying his big wages for another 4 years,

why though?

people need to have a think about why they would be happy offering a terrible player who turns up a couple of games a season around 100k a week.

it would be better to lose him on a free than be stuck paying his big wages for another 4 years,
Because he is better than the other options.

I dont think it's very likely he signs though. The offer has been on the table a while so it would probably have been signed by now.

I think we are looking at a sale. That's why I want it done soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back