2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
And what's 15m gonna get us, another Maupay.

I'd rather he stayed, help keep us in the league. And then if he wants out then all the best to him.

Losing 15m on him but staying up, I think the club would look at that as a pretty decent move considering the loss we would encounter with Relegation.
No thanks rather we recouped some of the wages we’ve paid him while out injured, doesn’t want to sign a new deal thats fair enough obviously doesn’t want to be here then get rid of him, plus he’s crap anyway hence why there’s little interest in him. And £15m balances the books better also Dom isn’t keeping us up.

Big supporter of him, always have been.

But he is really getting to me now...... not signing a new contract, not looking bothered during these pre-season games.

The sitters he has missed have been embarrassing... not just the miss, but the technique / shot.

If he doesn't want to be here.... get shut immediately (if we can) or put him in the u23's for the season. Unless a dramatic U turn, he should not be anywhere near the squad come the 1st game of the season.

Me neither, but financially given the fee (none( I can see why he may)
Yes but the but is big. Wage structures matter no matter the fee. Our P&L issue is a wage structure one, not an amortization one (from what I see) as the net spend has been very low for a number of years now. Either small squad high wage or larger squad lower wage. Risk in the small squad plus risk of inflated salaries for non performers. Put them on a reasonable wage with a high incentive element for wins. Success and performance will earn them the salary.

Because he is better than the other options.

I dont think it's very likely he signs though. The offer has been on the table a while so it would probably have been signed by now.

I think we are looking at a sale. That's why I want it done soon.

he's better than maupay, and he's a better footballer than beto, but beto is better in other ways ( although i think they are both crap )

i honestly think chermiti is better than them all.

we need a striker this summer though, would be going all out to sell dcl, beto and maupay and sign someone

Yes but the but is big. Wage structures matter no matter the fee. Our P&L issue is a wage structure one, not an amortization one (from what I see) as the net spend has been very low for a number of years now. Either small squad high wage or larger squad lower wage. Risk in the small squad plus risk of inflated salaries for non performers. Put them on a reasonable wage with a high incentive element for wins. Success and performance will earn them the salary.

Think we pretty much have the wage thing in hand now mate, we have shed almost all of the bloated wages from previous DoFs the only outliers now are all entering the last year of contracts (Keane, Holgate, Dacoure to a lesser extent DCL)

When you look at the ones brought in by Thelwell you see a different picture (McNeil and Garner both on 30k, Lindstrom on 50k, Jarrods new deal he signed last season 35k etc).

Only two big contracts we have after this year will be Jordan's - frankly deserved, and Tarkowski - think a year left after this one and given how he's playing have to say deserved as well.

Joe Thomas of the Echo was over in Ireland with the squad for a week, he should have been pushing Dyche for an answer on why he's selecting DCl with less than 12 months on his deal and no signs of it being signed.

Not one journalist is questioning why he's getting minute if he isn't signing a contract. We need him shipped out asap to get whatever we can to put towards someone else. Once again Beto came on and looked absolutely miles off it
It's an interesting point this mate, there has been 3/4 things over recent months that I thought the journo's might push Dyche on a bit more (there is no Kenwright to put barriers in the way/threaten people anymore) yet they still won't ask them. Please don't tell me these people are scared of a wet wipe lackey like Prentice.

Think we pretty much have the wage thing in hand now mate, we have shed almost all of the bloated wages from previous DoFs the only outliers now are all entering the last year of contracts (Keane, Holgate, Dacoure to a lesser extent DCL)

When you look at the ones brought in by Thelwell you see a different picture (McNeil and Garner both on 30k, Lindstrom on 50k, Jarrods new deal he signed last season 35k etc).

Only two big contracts we have after this year will be Jordan's - frankly deserved, and Tarkowski - think a year left after this one and given how he's playing have to say deserved as well.
yer im absolutely certain that won't be the case

I hope he starts against Roma so that we can let him know how we feel about him. Let him be in no doubt.
This isn't just about this season's pre season by the way. Has any other premier league centre forward ever gone over 20 games without scoring.
His attitude stinks and he's a disgrace to the royal blue no.9 shirt.

His cheerleaders are looking a tad foolish right now.

Very sad that someone so limited garners so much attention.

Must be the culottes....
I think I was blind sided by Carlo's tenure
Just assumed it was injuries and confidence thereafter but he's had enough time to show otherwise
I can't see any justifiable reason why he can't put that derby performance in on the regular but he clearly won't

So it isn't the culottes and I don't feel foolish about probably getting it wrong either

I think I was blind sided by Carlo's tenure
Just assumed it was injuries and confidence thereafter but he's had enough time to show otherwise
I can't see any justifiable reason why he can't put that derby performance in on the regular but he clearly won't

So it isn't the culottes and I don't feel foolish about probably getting it wrong either
Same and just don't get the foolish comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back