2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol.

Penalty and the ball hit him in the face.
200w.gif

Anyone who scores goals is worth the money. Unfortunately, I don't believe DCL scores enough.

However, I would be happy if he was on a VERY lucrative bonus for each goal he scores. A short of 'performance related pay'.

Not if he wanted to stay but thinks he’s worth more money 🤷🏻‍♂️
I don’t think he’s worth what he reportedly asked for but I’m not sure there’s anything wrong with a striker being greedy and confident. Why wouldn’t he wait for negotiation if he thinks he’s worth more than we offered him?
I like Dom,I do agree he gets too much grief and I would much rather he stayed because I doubt we get a better all round forward who suits that role in our team if he goes(maybe we get a better finisher or a player with potential but we won't get anyone with his profile of mobility and hold up play with our budget and our current position) but if he wanted to negotiate he would have done by now, if he wanted to stay he would have signed by now, its more likely he wants a move.

But by the same token I am not convinced anyone pays us what he or what we want, so unless the demands on both sides drop, maybe he stays in the end? Maybe he runs down the contract? I would rather that than having to find a forward later in the window I know that.

Last edited:
I like Dom,I do agree he gets too much grief and I would much rather he stayed because I doubt we get a better all round forward who suits that role in our team if he goes(maybe we get a better finisher or a player with potential but we won't get anyone with his profile of mobility and hold up play with our budget and our current position) but if he wanted to negotiate he would have done by now, if he wanted to stay he would have signed by now, its more likely he wants a move.

But by the same token I am not convinced anyone pays us what he or what we want, so unless the demands on both sides drop, maybe he stays in the end? Maybe he runs down the contract? I would rather that than having to find a forward later in the window I know that.

Probably the best analysis on the situation mate, kudos.

If he hadn't taken so much Abuse from his own clubs fans, beyond injuries/Goals but to the point of how he decides to dress. then I very much believe this wouldn't even be a debate, the contract would have already been happily dealt with.. He could of quite easily added Terms where he could leave if a club came in for him and matched a certain offer. Just to make sure It benefits us after what we've done or him.

Anyway, he's staying. And once Friedkin comes back to the table, the contract will shortly follow.

If he hadn't taken so much Abuse from his own clubs fans, beyond injuries/Goals but to the point of how he decides to dress. then I very much believe this wouldn't even be a debate, the contract would have already been happily dealt with.. He could of quite easily added Terms where he could leave if a club came in for him and matched a certain offer. Just to make sure It benefits us after what we've done or him.

Anyway, he's staying. And once Friedkin comes back to the table, the contract will shortly follow.

Sorry mate, but if you flounce around as a football player dressing weird then you really should expect to get some stick for it , and can't use it as a 'fans have been so mean to me' excuse.

If you think different then yeah fair enough, but if your mate dressed way then you'd take the piss, why should he be any different

Sorry mate, but if you flounce around as a football player dressing weird then you really should expect to get some stick for it , and can't use it as a 'fans have been so mean to me' excuse.

If you think different then yeah fair enough, but if your mate dressed way then you'd take the piss, why should he be any different
Because we're not his mates.. So he wont take it as a joke and see the funny side but the lack of love from the fans.

You don't know him, or how something like that might effect him..

I support him as a player for the Team I Love, outside of that, he can do what he wants..

Because we're not his mates.. So he wont take it as a joke and see the funny side but the lack of love from the fans.

You don't know him, or how something like that might effect him..

I support him as a player for the Team I Love, outside of that, he can do what he wants..

Yup, and I'll support him on the pitch, if he acts like a total tool of it then expect to get told you're a tool.

Not if he wanted to stay but thinks he’s worth more money 🤷🏻‍♂️
I don’t think he’s worth what he reportedly asked for but I’m not sure there’s anything wrong with a striker being greedy and confident. Why wouldn’t he wait for negotiation if he thinks he’s worth more than we offered him?
Pity he doesn’t show those traits in front of goal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back