2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes fair enough.

FBref (a stats website) have a section where they compare to similar players.

For 2022/23-Watkins is seen as 6th most likely DCL and Solanke 3rd. In 2023/4 Solanke was seen as the most similar striker to Dom.

So look, people who are paid a lot of money to do this stuff objectively hold that view.

Try watching the games instead mate.

Yes fair enough.

FBref (a stats website) have a section where they compare to similar players.

For 2022/23-Watkins is seen as 6th most likely DCL and Solanke 3rd. In 2023/4 Solanke was seen as the most similar striker to Dom.

So look, people who are paid a lot of money to do this stuff objectively hold that view.

really bizarre way to form an opinion on a player that

None taken buddy. That was said at a specific time, pre injury, comparing them as target men. I'd certainly revise that opinion now.

Either way though, it's not my opinion that they are the similar, it's the view of stats people who are paid to compare players.

As a slight aside, it was also my opinion DCL would be a good PL player from when I first saw him. He's currently our 4th top scorer in the PL. So I haven't done too badly!
All joking aside I actually think he is a damn good centre forward until it comes to finishing, and yes he is a more than decent PL player.

Bloody frustrating though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back