2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the record, Watkins had loads more opportunity than DCL this past year. Adjusting for the possession that Dom had to work with, Watkins would have only scored 10 against his actual 19. A lot goes into that, obviously, from style of play and individual attributes to service and the threat that your teammates bring, but DCL isn’t crap. He had far less possession than anyone in the top ten scorers outside Mateta, who was the most productive against his opportunities. No one would set the world on fire in our squad unless other things change, and in this offense, Watkins likely wouldn’t be significantly better. It stands to reason DCL could slot into another offense and look worlds better.

Mate I'm not arsed what that stat says, its nor even about who's better, Watkins is a completely opposite type of player to what dcl is, anyone with half a clue about football will be able to tell you that.

Ok. Well the people who run a scouting website to evaluate it say otherwise. They know about football, it's kind of their thing.

I didn't make the call, I'm just telling you what they said. You're shooting the messenger.

Ok. Well the people who run a scouting website to evaluate it say otherwise. They know about football, it's kind of their thing.

I didn't make the call, I'm just telling you what they said. You're shooting the messenger.

Well they obviously don't know football if they are claiming Watkins and dcl are similar, because as more or less everyone who has responded to you says, they aren't.

Wouldn’t worry too much mate, it’s the same culprits who have camped in this thread all year that are still here. They will hate him regardless of what you say

Well they obviously don't know football if they are claiming Watkins and dcl are similar, because as more or less everyone who has responded to you says, they aren't.

Ok mate. Well there's a reason why they've said it.

I didn't realise it would be so controversial, but people are entitled to their view.

Maybe the stats are very different to people's perceptions but watching him?

Wouldn’t worry too much mate, it’s the same culprits who have camped in this thread all year that are still here. They will hate him regardless of what you say

I don't mind really buddy. People are entitled to their view.

But I'm just saying it's not my view, it's the view of a football agency who analyse data and work with professional clubs. Maybe they don't know what they are doing? I'm inclined to think they do though.

People seem to be confusing my opinion, with the opinion of Fbref though.

I didn't realise it would be so controversial, but people are entitled to their view.

That site has a list of similar players to Rodri including Tom Cairney and Mkhitaryan. I wouldn’t use that site for their similar players section.

Don’t feed the troll.

They are similar when watching as well. Watkins has more pace, DCL maybe stronger.

Watkins had the double advantage of playing with Villa and against Everton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back