2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are quite a lot of people that simply don’t care what he wears or what hairstyle he has, and are critically judging his performances on a football the field exactly the same as they do with every other player.
I care what he wears. I wish he would wear shorts at least 2 sizes bigger. Look at him taking that penalty v Preston, shorts pulled up high showing off his thighs. Mrs B was drooling like a bloodhound in a butcher's yard.

Exactly, there are deals to be had. Interesting point about that Chief European Scout post the club was advertising the other day was if you read the description it sounds very much like they are looking more at a European based individual with a ready made dossier of players that they have compiled from youth through to first team levels. It sounded more of a desk job than a watching matches job. I think its clear we need some help in this department.
I think this is the case with all the major teams in europe, looking at stats/facts and figures more than watching the players play. They need to fit a pre-determined profile to be of interest. Like everything else in life some are better at it than others. Must admit I think Thelwell (as co-ordinator) is proving to be above average and hopefully the latest signings prove that.

He just matches up as quite like them on statistical models.

I think he's got a lot better ball at feet too. I mean stylistically I think they are similar, even if people would view them at different ability levels.
I mean, he doesn't fall over his own feet or anything (unlike Beto), but I wouldn't compare him to the sort of dangerous, dynamic players that can dribble, pick a pass and shoot from distance.

I think you would call it 'Difference of opinion'

You don't rate the lad, I do. Simple as that m8.

Also if it was you and you were getting slated by your own 'supposed fans' over your dress sense. Would you want sign a new contract or move on elsewhere, where you felt the Love/Support of the fans.
this is just a made up thing invented by his fan boys, MOST people who don't rate DCL don't because he's not very good at football, maybe it just makes you feel better and more of a super fan i don't know, tis a bit weird though.

I never said i dont rate him. My response was to you banging on about his dress sense and using that as justification for him wanting to leave. Leave the virtue signalling to someone else eh and focus on what we know rather than assuming you know that is why he wants to leave. More likely he wants to leave because he thinks he is too good for us or he thinks he can get more money elsewhere.
Like I said before, It's Difference of opinions.
We obviously both have our own, So let's just put it bed.

Watkins and Solanke are very similar to Dom really, and would both cost a fortune.

And look, maybe other clubs do manage it, but I also see a lot of other clubs spending a fortune on forwards who also don't work out.
This coming from the guy that thinks that Dom is as good as Kane. Think I will pass on your opinion, no offence like.

Having said that Dom and Kane do have one thing in common - neither will win ought.

this is just a made up thing invented by his fan boys, MOST people who don't rate DCL don't because he's not very good at football, maybe it just makes you feel better and more of a super fan i don't know, tis a bit weird though.
Oh I feel wonderful Running around in my Caped Shirt of his, my hero...:celebrate:

Like I said before, It's Difference of opinions.
We obviously both have our own, So let's just put it bed.
Dont tag me in on a thread then moaning about an emoji response and there will be nothing to put to bed. If you dont want to have the discussion then dont instigate it then try and shut it down when you havent got an answer.

This coming from the guy that thinks that Dom is as good as Kane. Think I will pass on your opinion, no offence like.

Having said that Dom and Kane do have one thing in common - neither will win ought.

None taken buddy. That was said at a specific time, pre injury, comparing them as target men. I'd certainly revise that opinion now.

Either way though, it's not my opinion that they are the similar, it's the view of stats people who are paid to compare players.

As a slight aside, it was also my opinion DCL would be a good PL player from when I first saw him. He's currently our 4th top scorer in the PL. So I haven't done too badly!

I mean, he doesn't fall over his own feet or anything (unlike Beto), but I wouldn't compare him to the sort of dangerous, dynamic players that can dribble, pick a pass and shoot from distance.

Yes fair enough.

FBref (a stats website) have a section where they compare to similar players.

For 2022/23-Watkins is seen as 6th most likely DCL and Solanke 3rd. In 2023/4 Solanke was seen as the most similar striker to Dom.

So look, people who are paid a lot of money to do this stuff objectively hold that view.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back