Rooney 25m
Richarlison 80m
Rondon 5m
Kean 50m
Maupay 20m and counting
Beto 31m and counting
Chermo 20m and counting

279m, plus Agent fees
I find the narrative around DCL a bit odd. He is like another Coleman or Cahill for us. An absolute bargain who has done really well, in an unexpected way.

Since we bought Dom in, we must have spent hundreds of million on strikers, and none have more goals than him.
279million.

We paid 25m for Beto, 27m for Tosun.
Beto was more expensive as we wanted him on tick and Tosun had just finished top goal scorer in the group stages of the CL before we bought him. There are players mate and French football is in financial chaos due to the issues with TV deals, Someone like Mohamed Bamba. There are players out there if we look although I do accept searching for forwards is not our strong point.

Beto was more expansive as we wanted him on tick and Tosun had just finished top goal scorer in the group stages of the CL before we bought him. There are players mate and French football is in financial chaos due to the issues with TV deals, Someone like Mohamed Bamba. There are players out there if we look although I do accept searching for forwards is not our strong point.
I never disputed that, there have been loads of players bought for meagre sums from leagues all over the world.

Then you have players like that utter carthorse that Big Red bought for a vast sum.

Guirassay went for £15 million
Exactly, there are deals to be had. Interesting point about that Chief European Scout post the club was advertising the other day was if you read the description it sounds very much like they are looking more at a European based individual with a ready made dossier of players that they have compiled from youth through to first team levels. It sounded more of a desk job than a watching matches job. I think its clear we need some help in this department.

Beto was more expensive as we wanted him on tick and Tosun had just finished top goal scorer in the group stages of the CL before we bought him. There are players mate and French football is in financial chaos due to the issues with TV deals, Someone like Mohamed Bamba. There are players out there if we look although I do accept searching for forwards is not our strong point.

The issue is though, playing well in the PL is a harder challenge, as you've said. It's not easy at all. It's possible, but not straightforward.

The issue is though, playing well in the PL is a harder challenge, as you've said. It's not easy at all. It's possible, but not straightforward.
Its where good scouting comes in though, other clubs seem to manage it. Part of our issue is looking for a direct like for like replacement for DCL when most modern day forwards are more the Watkins/Solanke all round type. There are players out there though who could do a job, some flexibility from the manager wouldn't go amiss either as his setup is not beneficial to any striker imo.

Its where good scouting comes in though, other clubs seem to manage it. Part of our issue is looking for a direct like for like replacement for DCL when most modern day forwards are more the Watkins/Solanke all round type. There are players out there though who could do a job, some flexibility from the manager wouldn't go amiss either as his setup is not beneficial to any striker imo.

Watkins and Solanke are very similar to Dom really, and would both cost a fortune.

And look, maybe other clubs do manage it, but I also see a lot of other clubs spending a fortune on forwards who also don't work out.

In what way?

They're both streets ahead of him with the ball at their feet.

He just matches up as quite like them on statistical models.

I think he's got a lot better ball at feet too. I mean stylistically I think they are similar, even if people would view them at different ability levels.

Thought it was the appropriate response to the garbage you posted.
I think you would call it 'Difference of opinion'

You don't rate the lad, I do. Simple as that m8.

Also if it was you and you were getting slated by your own 'supposed fans' over your dress sense. Would you want sign a new contract or move on elsewhere, where you felt the Love/Support of the fans.

It would help if we didn't start with bringing in managers that want to play with a Target man.. It would open up a totally different market to to set your eyes on..

I think you would call it 'Difference of opinion'

You don't rate the lad, I do. Simple as that m8.

Also if it was you and you were getting slated by your own 'supposed fans' over your dress sense. Would you want sign a new contract or move on elsewhere, where you felt the Love/Support of the fans.
I never said i dont rate him. My response was to you banging on about his dress sense and using that as justification for him wanting to leave. Leave the virtue signalling to someone else eh and focus on what we know rather than assuming you know that is why he wants to leave. More likely he wants to leave because he thinks he is too good for us or he thinks he can get more money elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.