2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont know if you agree or are being sarcastic.

No sarcasm. I think he has his attributes. Longer term I think we need a number 9 who is more clinical. I was watching a video today on Yakubu’s time with Everton, he had his faults too but I would love a finisher like that here for this season.

No sarcasm. I think he has his attributes. Longer term I think we need a number 9 who is more clinical.
Fair enough, I think he had a poor season finishing wise last season, he had a few gilt edge chances he failed to put away, its when people say things like "he offers nothing" or "he doesnt care", thats when you know people have an agenda.

IF he stays, I just hope people can put away their hate for a season and get behind him.

Seems unlikely, but man gotta dream.

Fair enough, I think he had a poor season finishing wise last season, he had a few gilt edge chances he failed to put away, its when people say things like "he offers nothing" or "he doesnt care", thats when you know people have an agenda.

He’s a frustrating player. There are times he looks class , like the derby or the 5-1 away win at Brighton where I thought he had his best game for Everton.

Then there are times when he plays like the ball weighs about 15 stone. His decision making at times is terrible too, he showed the same lack of awareness for a simple ball across at Coventry that he did at Arsenal under Silva for Richarlison, both resulting in a weak near post shot.

You might not agree but I think if we are to really progress we need better than this fella, in my opinion an Everton number 9 should be a decent finisher and more consistent.

When a player is being used to point score between the fan base of who he plays for then something isn’t right.

He’s a frustrating player. There are times he looks class , like the derby or the 5-1 away win at Brighton where I thought he had his best game for Everton.

Then there are times when he plays like the ball weighs about 15 stone. His decision making at times is terrible too, he showed the same lack of awareness for a simple ball across at Coventry that he did at Arsenal under Silva for Richarlison, both resulting in a weak near post shot.

You might not agree but I think if we are to really progress we need better than this fella, in my opinion an Everton number 9 should be a decent finisher and more consistent.
IF we are really to progress, we need 8 new players, but more importantly, a new manager.

We can easily upgrade 95% of the squad we have now.

IF we are really to progress, we need 8 new players, but more importantly, a new manager.

I don’t disagree, I’m simply saying our forward line has been a real weak point and needs changing to help substantially progress as goal return are a big concern.

He won’t score goals in a Dyche team unless it’s from set pieces. Which we have plenty of centre backs to do that. We d be better off with a striker that’s better on the ground and more clinical with his feet. Dcl be far better in a team that’s on the front foot and can get quality balls into the box like we had with Carlo

GettyImages-2153805172-1-1140x760.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back