2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t think anyone is going to give him any jib at the Roma friendly

Be interesting to see how the lower gwladys wolves treat him against brighton though
I hope he signs a new contract for us and the club offer him a good deal.

He's had a full pre-season of training and I would hope he sets his sights on equalling
or beating one of Dixie Dean's long standing
records of two hatricks in the same month twice.

…..as long as he performs I’d imagine the fans will be fine.
If he performs at the same levels he's hit for the last three seasons he will probably come in for some abuse.

It's one thing to be hitting 5-7 goals a season when you're struggling for fitness, it's another to be the main man for us and not hit double figures for three years while running down your contract.

I hope he signs a new contract for us and the club offer him a good deal.

He's had a full pre-season of training and I would hope he sets his sights on equalling
or beating one of Dixie Dean's long standing
records of two hatricks in the same month twice.
No club seems to want him on his wage demands & our fee .... as for replacing him with Chelsea's Broja hes a bigger crock IMO -

Yes fair enough.

FBref (a stats website) have a section where they compare to similar players.

For 2022/23-Watkins is seen as 6th most likely DCL and Solanke 3rd. In 2023/4 Solanke was seen as the most similar striker to Dom.

So look, people who are paid a lot of money to do this stuff objectively hold that view.
They run a website - they’re not professionally connected to a Club or league, so why would they get “paid a lot of money”, how do you know they get paid a lot of money and how is that remotely connected to whether they know a good player or not.
They’re probably a couple of Uni students running it from their digs.

I view DCL objectively by watching him every home game and I’d concur he’s not elite and not good enough to be Everton’s number 9. Statistics back up this view because he scores very few goals.

They run a website - they’re not professionally connected to a Club or league, so why would they get “paid a lot of money”, how do you know they get paid a lot of money and how is that remotely connected to whether they know a good player or not.
They’re probably a couple of Uni students running it from their digs.

I view DCL objectively by watching him every home game and I’d concur he’s not elite and not good enough to be Everton’s number 9. Statistics back up this view because he scores very few goals.
Any other no 9 with the two slowest wingers, & the oldest full backs would struggle too -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back