2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Committing £27m for a CF who finds it hard to score is something we should be getting away from doing.
I agree, but finding CF who finds the net regularly for £27m (transfer & wages) seems to be difficult.
Plus it’s only £27m if we don’t sell him in the next 4 years. Could sign him and flog him for more next year if Chermiti (or Beto) comes good.
For perspective Maupey is probobly costing more over his contract.
This time next year he walks for free.

I would rather see Chermitti play over Beto yet you've got some saying Beto should be our starting striker, I don't get it. Whenever Beto started last season he was pretty bad.

i think peoples gripes have been DCL was given a far more consistent run/chance than was beto was.

he played 20 games straight without scoring ( or something close ) and in the main, he wasn't just not scoring he was genuinely terrible, whereas beto was getting 1 or 2 starts here and there.

i don't think beto is the answer btw, but he most certainly hasnt been given the same chance DCL has

So I asked ChatGPT how many goals DCL is likely to score this season… tl;dr: 8-12

Predicting the exact number of goals Dominic Calvert-Lewin is likely to score in the upcoming season can be challenging due to various factors like his fitness, team performance, tactical setups, and form. However, we can make an informed estimate based on his past performance and current circumstances.

### Recent Performance
- **2020-2021 Season**: Calvert-Lewin had an impressive season, scoring 16 goals in 33 Premier League appearances.
- **2021-2022 Season**: His form dipped significantly, with only 5 goals in 17 appearances, largely due to injury issues.
- **2022-2023 Season**: He struggled again with injuries, managing only 2 goals in 17 appearances.

### Factors Influencing Future Performance
1. **Fitness and Injuries**: Calvert-Lewin's recent seasons have been marred by injuries. His goal tally for the upcoming season will heavily depend on his ability to stay fit.
2. **Team Form**: Everton’s overall performance can influence his goal tally. A stronger midfield and better service to him could see his numbers improve.
3. **Tactical Role**: If Sean Dyche continues to emphasize a playing style that suits Calvert-Lewin, such as crossing into the box where he can use his aerial ability, he could find more opportunities to score.

### Estimate for the Upcoming Season
Assuming Calvert-Lewin manages to stay fit for the majority of the season, and Everton can provide adequate support in attack, a reasonable estimate could be around **8-12 goals** for the Premier League season. If he stays injury-free and regains his best form, he might push towards the higher end of that range or even exceed it.

However, this prediction is contingent on several variables, and as always with football, there can be surprises.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back