2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the price we would keep him at and let him run down his contract if we were offered it?

By that i mean, what's the number where he is worth more to us on the pitch this season and keeping him for a year and letting him go on a free next summer - then it is to sell him this summer if a club offered money - maybe 10 mill?
We can't sell below 15-20m for me

Yeah that's the kinda mark I think the club will have as the minimum amount - 20m
No one is forking out that much for a CF with a poor injury record, poor goal scoring record, high wage demand and only 12 months left before they can sign him for free (unless they value his hold up play that much).

No links of DCL going anywhere.

Looks like we are going to take the risk of losing him for nothing. No point selling for under £20m.

But that comes with positives too. If he can't stay fit or perform well. Then his next career move won't be a good one, the onus is on him to perform.

No links of DCL going anywhere.

Looks like we are going to take the risk of losing him for nothing. No point selling for under £20m.

But that comes with positives too. If he can't stay fit or perform well. Then his next career move won't be a good one, the onus is on him to perform.
Losing him for nothing and keeping him for nothing when he twangs a hamstring or handbag just as the season begins.

If we`d agree to pay a CF that gets less than 10 goals a season 130k a week, when we get to sign someone who would be expected to hit around 15 to 20 a season I would think the contract negotiations might start with, "this DCL is hitting 6-8 goals and you pay him 130k a week, so lets says you`ll be offering 260k a week for my 15-20 a season, right".
We`ve gotta start paying these clowns for what they are producing and not the most they can squeeze out of us.
Well Solanke is going to cost £55m (up to £65m) plus wages and he got 20 last season.
So the equivalent, assuming Solanke will be getting £100k / w for 4 years is £76m possibly rising to £86m
Committing to £27m to DCL, retaining some sell on value vs losing him on a free doesn’t looks quite so bad then imho.
Or in the ‘per week’ costs that everyone fixates on (without a future sale) he’s costing them at least £365k per week on a 4 year contract (£311k/w over 5 years)

Hopefully the days when we can again ‘invest’ £100m on transfer fee and wages for players on 4 year deals will come again.
Ideally DCL will be sold before next June for at least £15m if he’s actually unwilling to sign / want more than £27m / 4 years

Last edited:
Well Solanke is going to cost £55m (up to £65m) plus wages and he got 20 last season.
So the equivalent, assuming Solanke will be getting £100k / w for 4 years is £76m possibly rising to £86m
Committing to £27m to DCL, retaining some sell on value vs losing him on a free doesn’t looks quite so bad then imho.
Or in the ‘per week’ costs that everyone fixates on (without a future sale) he’s costing them at least £365k per week on a 4 year contract (£311k/w over 5 years)

Hopefully the days when we can again ‘invest’ £100m on transfer fee and wages for players on 4 year deals will come again.
Ideally DCL will be sold before next June for at least £15m if he’s actually unwilling to sign / want more than £27m / 4 years
Committing £27m for a CF who finds it hard to score is something we should be getting away from doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back