2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best thing that can happen for Dom is that the takeover suddenly gets sorted with a solid, secure buyer. He can then sign the offer that’s been on the table for months and save face by saying he always wanted to play at least one more season, but was worried about committing long term with all the uncertainty. Wants to wear the number 9 at BMD etc etc. Both him and the club are losing this current game of chicken.

Personally think we should still sign him, even for £130k maximum (if he actually would stay), unless we can flog him now. Either option is better than him leaving for free next season.
Not that I think he’s worth that, but £27m over 4 years for a known quantity, that let’s face it, we can always sell for money in a year or two, is still better than trying to replace him with an unknown quantity that’s going to cost a similar amount to sign plus a further £15m in wages (like Beto).
If we`d agree to pay a CF that gets less than 10 goals a season 130k a week, when we get to sign someone who would be expected to hit around 15 to 20 a season I would think the contract negotiations might start with, "this DCL is hitting 6-8 goals and you pay him 130k a week, so lets says you`ll be offering 260k a week for my 15-20 a season, right".
We`ve gotta start paying these clowns for what they are producing and not the most they can squeeze out of us.

32 games 7 goals and people worried we can't replace him, really.
Yeah, it’s purely the goals we would need to replace isn’t it mate? Let’s just stick Maupey up front on his own and launch balls at him, he scored some goals last season. In fact, using your logic we have already got a player who can replace him. Great work.
Easy, this football lark.

Yeah, it’s purely the goals we would need to replace isn’t it mate? Let’s just stick Maupey up front on his own and launch balls at him, he scored some goals last season. In fact, using your logic we have already got a player who can replace him. Great work.
You OK mate, had a bad week, there are people out there if you need to talk.

No mate it's not purely goals but that's what you really need to win games and his return is crap. You saying put maupey makes you look a bit silly. I'm saying he's not hard to replace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back