2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is fast. Most balls are played either to his head or to a channel where the full back is marking the space he’s trying to run into. The lad is rapid.
Rapid is not a word I’d use to describe Dom to be honest. Be interested to see the stats from Finch Farm on who the fastest players over certain distances are and how they compare to other teams as we really don’t have any real pace in the side.

That was a quality goal, a proper striker’s goal. Faked the defender out of his boots and placed his strike perfectly.

Hasn’t done much of that lately so whether it’s a matter of enhancing his value or getting him into shape or a season as Evertons 9, I’m pleased.

This is football, not actuarial tables, and I am an Everton fan and a Calvert-Lewin fanboy, so, yay.

Thank God, every chat gets cluttered with you telling everyone how much you fancy him.

Everyone who disagrees is a kopite etc etc.

Played well today and scored a good goal, no one moans about him if he plays and slots like he did today more than 2/3 times a season, if he ups his consistency to do that 10/15 games a season everyone will be laughing.
lol who’s calling people kopites for disagreeing?

He's spot on.

At least evertony wants what's best for the team...unlike others who hero worship individuals...
I think your taking it a bit too far there m8, If we sold him now for say 20m we wont find a better replacement now for around that value, so we would be down are best striker for a season. We keep him and we have a season to either convince him on a new deal or find his replacement, and we wont be down a striker.

We might lose 20m but that's better than possibly rushing around to find Maups MK2

( Anyway come Monday the Takeover will be back on with Friedkin, and Abraham will be on his way to us )

Thought he took his goal well, struggled with his other chance when he had to beat the keeper one on one, and thought his control and hold-up play was OK.
How do you think he played all last season HC?
Thought he was pretty average for periods last season, but we won more than we lost with him in the side. Bar Pickford and Branthwaite I'd like to see every single position upgraded but it's not going to happen, so I'm happy to get behind a striker that adds balance to our side and gives 100%.

Pace? Blimey, I can’t recall too many times when he’s outpaced a defender or left a centre half in a heap.
Beto isn’t the answer unfortunately either but the strength and pace he showed for that goal last season versus Newcastle is not something Dom displays too often considering he’s the ‘star striker’.
Top and bottom of it is that all four of our forwards are unlikely to give many visiting defences sleepless nights.
I would leave Chermitti out of that, he's one for the future so you can't really Justify how he's gonna turn out yet.

He doesnt trouble defenders and his movement is mickey mouse.

Also, he cant finish.

Defenders head in bits, sends him for a hotdog with his movement, slots wonderfully.

200w.gif

Back on ignore this thread goes.

Black swan moment.

I think your taking it a bit too far there m8, If we sold him now for say 20m we wont find a better replacement now for around that value, so we would be down are best striker for a season. We keep him and we have a season to either convince him on a new deal or find his replacement, and we wont be down a striker.

We might lose 20m but that's better than possibly rushing around to find Maups MK2

( Anyway come Monday the Takeover will be back on with Friedkin, and Abraham will be on his way to us )
There's some amount of defeatism around on getting someone in who can do what DCL does and more.

The feller gives us 6 goals a season and hardly features as a provider for others either.

It;s a low bar any incoming striker needs to meet.

Rapid is not a word I’d use to describe Dom to be honest. Be interested to see the stats from Finch Farm on who the fastest players over certain distances are and how they compare to other teams as we really don’t have any real pace in the side.

….the thigh muscle injuries will mean he’ll often run with the handbrake on but he’s got some pace about him. Notice in the recent post on players picking their sprint relay teams, they all select Branthwaite and DCL.

There's some amount of defeatism around on getting someone in who can do what DCL does and more.

The feller gives us 6 goals a season and hardly features as a provider for others either.

It;s a low bar any incoming striker needs to meet.

…I’ll agree with the sentiment of ‘sell if we can’ but I don’t agree that he has little to offer.

I have a benchmark of what opposing CBs think and I doubt any in the league look forward to facing DCL. He’s competitive, excellent back to goal ability, runs the channels and protects the ball and is prodigious in the air.

When presented with a chance, he’s a striker I ‘hope will score’ rather than ‘expecting him to score’, that won’t change. Whilst that’s a key component of a strikers game, it’s not everything. My reasoning to sell is as much to do with his injury fragility as it is with his contract situation, but DCL is a top flight forward and the best we have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back