Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought he wasn't in the squad due to his Mrs being about to give birth... Is that not right?
Somebody said that but it hasn’t been officially announced if true. However, one thing we know is that Dyche is fanatical about fitness, and he said that DCL was absent because he wasn’t finished with his recovery program. He’s since said that he is fully recovered and just needs match fitness.

Somebody said that but it hasn’t been officially announced if true. However, one thing we know is that Dyche is fanatical about fitness, and he said that DCL was absent because he wasn’t finished with his recovery program
But then plays him for 90 mins in a closed off friendly 3 days later so either he’s at full fitness or Dyche is deliberately keeping him out

The attitude where you've continued to back him being at the club.

The only way we get his replacement is by getting him out, it seems to be.
That is the problem. If they spend a bunch on a forward then one of them is always on the bench so they seem to not want to spend the money that way. They need to have a 2 forward formation option they will typically use if both guys are healthy. Or just sell Calvert-Lewin and not have to worry every week that he will be too injured to play.

But then plays him for 90 mins in a closed off friendly 3 days later so either he’s at full fitness or Dyche is deliberately keeping him out
I somehow posted before I was done and made an edit. I think the friendly was to get him the minutes he needed. I suspect Dyche sticks to the calendar and if DCL was scheduled to be finished recovery a day after the Fulham game, he wouldn’t budge even a day.

He's finished as a player who can get 15-20 goials. He's well capabable of making sub appearances and snatching a goal.

That instinct is the last ability to go.

Someone will step in for a deal.
If that’s the only quality we want in a striker we might as well have kept hold of Simms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back