Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2024/25 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

….that type of player, they invariably have a spell when some of those one-on-ones go in but he is what he is in terms of goalscoring.

The problem with his finishing is the distribution of goals, youd hope he would post about 10 for the season, then you are looking around the team for other to step up - The Duke got as many as Dom last season for example- you need a big return from Ndaiye, McNeill, Docucoure - defenders to chip in with a few and Harrison a few.

I think Broja could make a positive contribution to.

Mid table you need 50 goals+.

Last edited:
The problem with his finishing is the distribution of goals, youd hope he would post about 10 for the season, then you are looking around the team for other to step up - The Duke got as many as Dom last season for example- you need a big return from Ndaiye, McNeill, Docucoure - defenders to chip in with a few and Harrison a few.

I think Broja could make a positive contribution to.

Mid table you need 50 goals+.

Just had a look there, we have exactly the same number of goals scored this season as last season, at the same point.

Surprised by that feels like we are more attacking and threatening.

We arguably had an easier start last season.

We're a point ahead on the same stage.

Has he ever rounded the keeper to score?
Tried it against Villa and the defender got a last ditch challenge in. That probably affected his confidence and he reverted to the mindset of 'just hit it hard and low and hit the target.'

I think it's a mental issue with him more than anything else as he seemed to get in a rut with his finishing too often. Players like Ollie Watkins don't because they always have that mentality that they will beat the keeper.

I think a sports psychologist or 'finishing' psychologist is his best bet if there is such a thing.

He was very good. Crazy going on here after the game seeing people slating him, but also as expected.
I said myself he played really well and one of them goes in he’s probably mom, the system and style we play he’s vital to us .

That said it’s understandable people get frustrated by the one on ones and the almost universal acceptance he’ll miss it .

I have always liked and backed DCL. However, his finishing is so poor.

It's a shame he leaves without a fee. His work up top will be sorely missed but we really need someone who can put the ball in the net. Dom just isn't that.

It's not a striker coach he needs, it's a psychologist. He doesn't have the confidence/mentality to finish when he has time to think.
That is certainly part of it, but arguing the mechanical process of goalscoring doesn’t need coaching isn’t correct.

But either way, it makes little difference because Dyche is on record as saying Everton has all the coaching expertise it needs.

I have always liked and backed DCL. However, his finishing is so poor.

It's a shame he leaves without a fee. His work up top will be sorely missed but we really need someone who can put the ball in the net. Dom just isn't that.
Dyche was pleased he got one on ones - one goal would have topped off his performance yesterday he was top class - bar his job scoring ... he needs a goal to get his confidence - close to MOTM if he scored yesterday ... but he has to finish those chances ....

Pretty sure he's coached in one on one situations. It will be a big part of all our strikers training and drills.

The problem is you can't replicate a game situation.

Most strikers live for those moments, DCL freezes. It's a mental block imo. Maybe a sports psychologist can help.

Deserves credit for all round play yday - really good.

He was excellent and very unlucky with his final finishing.

I think people forget how hard it is to play upfront alone. He wins all headers, runs channels and presses.

With McNeil and Ndiaye, he has been given more time to concentrate on being a striker and he has 2 or 3 good chances.

He should do better with the first one on one and by the time the 2nd one on one came, he was knackered

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back