2024/25 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

What's he done, in all seriousness? Missed when he told all the fans to eff off last time out I think.
I’m not sure if you watched the game on the weekend but his attitude was atrocious

Terrible body language, complete lack of effort and was rewarded with a gentle boo’ing as he got subbed off.

The crowd are turning on him as they can see he doesn’t want to be here. Usually, that’s the end of the start.

I’m not sure if you watched the game on the weekend but his attitude was atrocious

Terrible body language, complete lack of effort and was rewarded with a gentle boo’ing as he got subbed off.

The crowd are turning on him as they can see he doesn’t want to be here. Usually, that’s the end of the start.

I heard on a space he made a sarcastic gesture when subbed, is that true or is it the usual stirring nonsense

Of you were at work;& found out two dumbbells were on twice as much as you would you not get your Union paying two fufs a fortune an to get you parity of pay?
Greed - or EFC paying two duds to much ?
So because they're overpaid he's going to demand to be as well and if we refuse to overpay him he's getting off instead?

It's both greed from Dom and bad decisions from EFC in the past which shouldn't be repeated. At some point that cycle has to end.

It's disappointing. You're right he's our best striker, I don't think anyone sane actually argues that. I don't think that along with previous bad contracts means we owe him whatever he wants or he should hold us to ransom.

So because they're overpaid he's going to demand to be as well and if we refuse to overpay him he's getting off instead?

It's both greed from Dom and bad decisions from EFC in the past which shouldn't be repeated. At some point that cycle has to end.

It's disappointing. You're right he's our best striker, I don't think anyone sane actually argues that. I don't think that along with previous bad contracts means we owe him whatever he wants or he should hold us to ransom.
Agree with all you say apart from calling him a striker.

Exactly no one wants him his injury record etc & his wage demands etc- he knows our cf replacement is weak - we needed to get rid of him earlier & get more players one being a striker & fullbacks etc

Our signings up till now only Tim has impressed the others on the bench?
Plus why get a 3rd goalkeeper. = clueless

Is he? I haven't heard anything about his camp trying to extend or negotiate anything for months.

He's trying to wait for it to expire as far as I can tell.
You should’ve bolded my final line instead mate - anything else including your ‘as far as I can tell’ is pure speculation

For all we know he might have told his agent ‘get me the best deal you can and know that we don’t need to rush it but I’d like to stay here’

He might also have said to his agent ‘stall until end of transfer window and I’ll sign at what they’re offering if nobody else comes in for me’

What I do know is if VAR hadn’t overturned the pen and he’s put it away and we’d got a draw or a win in the end this thread would have a lot less posts in it because more people like to hate him than love him

I just think the bottom line is that he’s not even close to being good enough for all this messing about and uncertainty.
But who is messing about?
All we’ve heard is we offered him a contract and he would like more money.
I would imagine we want to wait until the end of the window in case we get a good bid and can replace him as much as he would want to wait.
All the drama is just people making up what they think might have happened.
It might be as simple as we offered him x, he wants y and we said ‘alright let’s talk again after the transfer window when we know where you are’

He might also be holding out on signing a new deal until he sees who the new owner is and what their plans are and who the management team will be which to me is fair enough seeing this should be the peak of his career he’s signing for.

But who is messing about?
All we’ve heard is we offered him a contract and he would like more money.
I would imagine we want to wait until the end of the window in case we get a good bid and can replace him as much as he would want to wait.
All the drama is just people making up what they think might have happened.
It might be as simple as we offered him x, he wants y and we said ‘alright let’s talk again after the transfer window when we know where you are’

He might also be holding out on signing a new deal until he sees who the new owner is and what their plans are and who the management team will be which to me is fair enough seeing this should be the peak of his career he’s signing for.
I’ve never specifically said that he was missing around. I’m not his biggest fan but I blame the club rather than him for all this.

Some sort of internal deadline should have been set for him to sign the contract earlier in the summer, deciding whether he wants to stay or not. If he didn’t sign it we should have looked to sell as soon as possible.

At the moment we’re planning our season around him despite not knowing whether he’s staying or going. It’s just stupid in my opinion and as I said, I don’t think he’s good enough to warrant all of this.

I’ve never specifically said that he was missing around. I’m not his biggest fan but I blame the club rather than him for all this.

Some sort of internal deadline should have been set for him to sign the contract earlier in the summer, deciding whether he wants to stay or not. If he didn’t sign it we should have looked to sell as soon as possible.

At the moment we’re planning our season around him despite not knowing whether he’s staying or going. It’s just stupid in my opinion and as I said, I don’t think he’s good enough to warrant all of this.
That’s fair but tbh I don’t think the club would mind selling him for the right price if we can get someone more clinical in instead. I think the way Dyche plays we’d give up some of Dom’s hold up play for someone who just hits the net more and if the right deal came in for both parties it would be amicable…
If not, maybe he’ll sign after deadline day.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back