2024/25 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Give him a deadline to sign the contract on the table, if he doesn’t sign and no one comes in for him then bench him. He gets a free move at the end of the season but he’s delusional if he thinks one of the big boys will be knocking on his door.
You wanna give him a deadline with less than a week of the transfer window?

Hes been for sale all Summer mate, Everton have refused multiple bids.

You wanna give him a deadline with less than a week of the transfer window?

Hes been for sale all Summer mate, Everton have refused multiple bids.

The problem we could end up having Goat is if he doesn’t get his move or doesn’t sign the contract on offer then we could be left with a player who doesn’t want to be here and who may down tools. If it was me I would take £15m if anyone was willing to pay that. Saying that, said club would have to agree to the wages he would be looking for.

The problem we could end up having Goat is if he doesn’t get his move or doesn’t sign the contract on offer then we could be left with a player who doesn’t want to be here and who may down tools. If it was me I would take £15m if anyone was willing to pay that. Saying that, said club would have to agree to the wages he would be looking for.
Also you don't know if the injuries are due to make a return or if hes finally free of major issues so best to get some return

Im pretty biased, but I dont ever see him downing tools.

We have about 10 players out of contract next Summer, hes 1 of them.

In an ideal world we move him on in the next week, but if not, this idea that we should bench him for 12months is kinda silly, unless you wanna bench the other 9 players also?

But who is messing about?
All we’ve heard is we offered him a contract and he would like more money.
I would imagine we want to wait until the end of the window in case we get a good bid and can replace him as much as he would want to wait.
All the drama is just people making up what they think might have happened.
It might be as simple as we offered him x, he wants y and we said ‘alright let’s talk again after the transfer window when we know where you are’

He might also be holding out on signing a new deal until he sees who the new owner is and what their plans are and who the management team will be which to me is fair enough seeing this should be the peak of his career he’s signing for.
He’s messing about he doesn’t deserve more money, he’s our best ST but that’s not hard given Maupay and Beto are the competition. If he doesn’t want to sign what’s on offer accept any bid for him over £15m recoup some money for all the injury spells we’ve paid him for and the goal droughts.

In an ideal world we move him on in the next week, but if not, this idea that we should bench him for 12months is kinda silly, unless you wanna bench the other 9 players also?
He should be benched the rest of August while we try to make a sale.

If he's still here on August 31st then reintegrate him back into the team.

IF we are actually trying to sell him and have hopes of selling him, then I agree, he shouldnt play Saturday.

He wont play Doncaster and our next game after Spurs is after the deadline.

I just think if he is messing us about Goat then we need to take some of stance. The thing is we never know what is really going on, maybe the club are the ones messing him about.

I just think if he is messing us about Goat then we need to take some of stance. The thing is we never know what is really going on, maybe the club are the ones messing him about.
Again, im biased, but my view is that he told us in May he wanted to move and we have been pretty greedy since then.

Lets just hope for a conclusion in the next 8 days.

Agreed but you know Dyche will still start him on Saturday, he deffo won’t play Tuesday, that will likely be Beto or the French Hobbit (if he hasn’t left)

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back