Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
But surely he would show something in games? It's not like they are sending him out there with the instructions to play crap and just get used to the speed of it all so next year they won't expect you and you can turn it on then. I'm all for giving them a chance but other then a goal he literally couldn't miss I honestly haven't seen anything else from him. I understand Koeman knows far more about the game then me so I'm just waiting for the moment I will probably be proved wrong but up to now he's been well below average I'd say
Agreed he's not setting the world alight here and should be doing a bit more, but today for me he was relatively effective in a defensive display and didn't give up to much space between himself and baines to the chelsea attackers

Edit, saying this I wanted him subbed for mirallas much earlier

Agreed he's not setting the world alight here and should be doing a bit more, but today for me he was relatively effective in a defensive display and didn't give up to much space between himself and baines to the chelsea attackers

Edit, saying this I wanted him subbed for mirallas much earlier

To be honest mate I didn't see much of the game today as my link was awful so I can't honestly comment on his performance. Il take your word for it though. I know against Chelsea we expect to defend a bit more but looking at the direction we look to be wanting to move in I really don't see that as such a great quality in a youngster that we want to help us move to the next level. I understand the need for a hard working forward player in the modern game but to be frank if he can't cause them any problems going forward then what use is he in attack. It's a waste of a place in the starting line up if we really want to progress. I'm not calling for him to be moved on or anything and right now is probably a great time to get him game time with nothing riding on the games. I hope he proves me wrong I really do

To be honest mate I didn't see much of the game today as my link was awful so I can't honestly comment on his performance. Il take your word for it though. I know against Chelsea we expect to defend a bit more but looking at the direction we look to be wanting to move in I really don't see that as such a great quality in a youngster that we want to help us move to the next level. I understand the need for a hard working forward player in the modern game but to be frank if he can't cause them any problems going forward then what use is he in attack. It's a waste of a place in the starting line up if we really want to progress. I'm not calling for him to be moved on or anything and right now is probably a great time to get him game time with nothing riding on the games. I hope he proves me wrong I really do
Think what you said at the end there is pretty spot on, we will see what's going with his development throughout the next season.

Not looking great but I like the way Koeman is giving him game time, its not like we have anything to lose/play for, the idea of throwing players out there like Calvert is fine by me, but if they are good enough is a seperate issue

There are times when I despair of my fellow Evertonians ( and I'm not referring to Darth Toffeeman here, who make a decent point )
Over in the Morgan thread I see

Get him fully fit for August.

Whatever happens from here till Arsenal away we are finishing 7th.

I would like us to try and blood a couple of u23s.

.. and yet, here we are, in the Calvert-Lewin thread, and people are saying he's not good enough / championship player at best / being played out of position, all of which may turn out to be true like, but he's making a big step up and is being given game time by Koeman. I actually thought he was half way decent today and showed some promise. For sure, he hasn't totally hit the ground running and doesn't look like a world-beater at the moment, but he plainly has something about him and may well come good, but it does seem there is an element of our fan base who just likes to moan, which, ironically, is what I'm doing about a minority of our fan base.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back