Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seriously? Wowzers

Honestly. Both are young and going forward you always think something good will happen with Lookman but what sticks out when i think back to his games is he will try and beat his man, bounce of him and then half arse it back. Probably doing the lad a disservice.

best sign you as manager how long have you watched the blues if it before 1963 you have one up on me ok!
Saying what I see . All your years watching the blues doesn't mean you talk more sense.
Find most of your posts nonsense so not really much point continuing.
Entitled to your opinion.

Saying what I see . All your years watching the blues doesn't mean you talk more sense.
Find most of your posts nonsense so not really much point continuing.
Entitled to your opinion.
Insult me all you want carry on posting nonsense, it is about opinions so respectfully leave it at that!
the 3-0 defeat was flattering a bit for them - but you cannot gift a 2nd goal like that!

He just doesn't strike me as someone who's going to be good enough.

But he's not a wide player, he's a centre forward and he hasn't been played there. But for me, he's just not quite good enough, get him on loan somewhere next season and let's see how he does.

Would love him to prove me wrong.

Not entirely sure he's being used in a way that suits his natural game.

Sort of reminds me of when Moyes would play Naismith on wing instead of more central.

I'm sure he has lots of progress to make, so let's not be too quick to judge.

There are times when I despair of my fellow Evertonians ( and I'm not referring to Darth Toffeeman here, who make a decent point )
Over in the Morgan thread I see

.. and yet, here we are, in the Calvert-Lewin thread, and people are saying he's not good enough / championship player at best / being played out of position, all of which may turn out to be true like, but he's making a big step up and is being given game time by Koeman. I actually thought he was half way decent today and showed some promise. For sure, he hasn't totally hit the ground running and doesn't look like a world-beater at the moment, but he plainly has something about him and may well come good, but it does seem there is an element of our fan base who just likes to moan, which, ironically, is what I'm doing about a minority of our fan base.
Stop your bellowing you mammoth lard. But in all seriousness, I think our fans are simply looking for someone to blame for the loss in which the scoreline really flatters Chelsea who offered very little in the first 60 something minutes. I agree with the sentiment that he is being played out of position. But like @Abraders said, they obviously rate him very highly. Maybe they are trying to give him game time before next season? It would explain why he is getting ahead of Lookman and Mirallas who offer more going forward from the left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back