Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a good first half and is slowly getting used to pace of league :) Its huge step up for him from where he was playing.

sensible post mate and correct. But.... shouldn't be shoved out left because he ain't a winger. Put a shift in 1st half though but just didn't offer anything 2nd half and I'm not surprised because he looks like a player who wants and needs to be central.

Stop your bellowing you mammoth lard. But in all seriousness, I think our fans are simply looking for someone to blame for the loss in which the scoreline really flatters Chelsea who offered very little in the first 60 something minutes. I agree with the sentiment that he is being played out of position. But like @Abraders said, they obviously rate him very highly. Maybe they are trying to give him game time before next season? It would explain why he is getting ahead of Lookman and Mirallas who offer more going forward from the left.

Or he suits the way RK wants the team to set up?

Did you actually ever watch Vaughan?

He was most definitely good enough before injuries took their toll.

I don't think he was. I remember him and agbonlahor coming through at the same time in terms of young English strikers hitting the premier league and Ag was streets ahead. Vaughan was decent but never at this level.

sensible post mate and correct. But.... shouldn't be shoved out left because he ain't a winger. Put a shift in 1st half though but just didn't offer anything 2nd half and I'm not surprised because he looks like a player who wants and needs to be central.

Maybe due to the 3 centre backs of Chelsea Koeman wanted him out there? He'll get an opportunity I'm sure next season to play up top in some games

Maybe due to the 3 centre backs of Chelsea Koeman wanted him out there? He'll get an opportunity I'm sure next season to play up top in some games
Yeah, no. He doesn't get those opportunities until he proves himself at the championship level. He's got some potential still, but he's nowhere near the standard.

Yeah, no. He doesn't get those opportunities until he proves himself at the championship level. He's got some potential still, but he's nowhere near the standard.

Never know due to his transfer we promised him game time? His doing ok and lets see what happens in summer if his getting a loan out to Championship team? His alright kid, seems good mentality so his ok by me :-) Better than a Mcgeady !

I reckon Macca calls is the way I see it. He's a player the gaffer likes - he gets pitch time ahead of more established, or in Lookmans case, more expensive signings.

He ain't a player with the gifts to become established wide - we saw that at the Goodison Derby - similar when he played at Anfield - I agree, he looked laboured and a passenger.

From what I've seen, his best position is central and deep lying -he's got a good touch and as he develops will improve. Is he good enough long term? No idea, but give him a go.

More disappointed to see Kone on the pitch than Lookman when we made changes than DCL's performance to be honest.

I'd love it if he became an England regular after most of us wondering wtf he does

Gets in out wide ahead of Mirallas and Lookman...does nothing and gets picked again

Have to laugh and scratch my head....hope he turns out to be Harry Kane mark 2

Lads, I'm not sure either. But people who know a lot more about football than me seem to rate the lad.

On that basis, I think we should give the lad a chance. If you turn on him now, it's shocking , he's been here less than a year. Davek I'm looking at you. Give your heads a wobble.

He seems quite fast and is ok in the air. Its clear that he is a 9 or 10 and yet he gets put out on the wing and is expected
to do a top full-back. As others have said that was tried at Anfield and it did not work.

He's just not a wide player. If Koeman is just getting him experienced at the Premier League pace for an eventual move up top then I get it. But if he's actually planning on keeping him out wide I just don't see it. He was excellent up top last time he played for the U23s

Seems rank average to me, might get better, but poor kev gets dropped he isn't motm every game, he's simply a better footballer than young dominic at the moment, another weird selection habit from the chubster in charge

Is it not possible that the club has brought a few of the younger players on (Pennington, DCL, Lookman) with one eye on next season's Europa League? Blooding them in big games - especially the dead rubber ones - will not do them any harm. I don't think any of the three players I have mentioned are offering us anything in the Premier League at the moment, but will in the Europa League.

Dominic is like a young handsome buck running around the forests. Not quite there yet with the more experienced bucks but the definite scent of raw natural potential is in the air.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back