Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair play to him on his goal, showed good Anticipation, bravery to get up and knock that header in and Argentina are no mugs and are well known for their tough defenders, keep up the good work DCL and show us that there is a good centre forward in there

Strikers sell at such a premium that if he only becomes as good as say Naismith in a couple years he's worth 15M.

In all fairness, and I hate to keep on at him because it's not his fault his manager picks him to play in PL games, but what has this lad done more in a first team shirt than say a McAleny or Chris Long couldn't have done in the past?

If we have the summer in the transfer market we need desperately to have then I cant see anything other than a loan out to a Championship team for this lad next season. It's just too big a step up from League One to here.

In all fairness, and I hate to keep on at him because it's not his fault his manager picks him to play in PL games, but what has this lad done more in a first team shirt than say a McAleny or Chris Long couldn't have done in the past?

If we have the summer in the transfer market we need desperately to have then I cant see anything other than a loan out to a Championship team for this lad next season. It's just too big a step up from League One to here.

Scored a PL goal?

As usual Dave I disagree.
DCL has just turned twenty, has played a handful of games and has done well when you consider he was a reserve with a team in the first division.

Next season there will be more games to play and I think we will see fewer players loaned out anyway, certainly not DCL.

As usual Dave I disagree.
DCL has just turned twenty, has played a handful of games and has done well when you consider he was a reserve with a team in the first division.

Next season there will be more games to play and I think we will see fewer players loaned out anyway, certainly not DCL.

Well hopefully he has more than we've seen so far. If he hasn't and he's getting a lot of game time we're in big trouble.

The difference is McAleny is 24 and Long is 22, neither have done anything in the last 5 years to suggest they will make it at this level.

Now of course, the same could be said about DCL, but to be fair, hes been shunted out to the wings and the lads much younger than the names you mentioned, in his first 6 months from making the step up, it will take time.

Personally I see nothing in the lad, but im willing to reserve judgement until hes had a few games and there must be a reason hes so highly rated by the gaffer and people in the game.

The difference is McAleny is 24 and Long is 22, neither have done anything in the last 5 years to suggest they will make it at this level.

Now of course, the same could be said about DCL, but to be fair, hes been shunted out to the wings and the lads much younger than the names you mentioned, in his first 6 months from making the step up, it will take time.

Personally I see nothing in the lad, but im willing to reserve judgement until hes had a few games and there must be a reason hes so highly rated by the gaffer and people in the game.
But they were 20 and 21 when they were here and knocking on the door of a start.

I'm not saying either were good enough. But they had less chance than this lad who I equally question has the game for the PL.

We all know we've had tons of these types over the years who just cant cut it. Branch, Vaughan, Vellios...etc etc.

But they were 20 and 21 when they were here and knocking on the door of a start.

I'm not saying either were good enough. But they had less chance than this lad who I equally question has the game for the PL.

We all know we've had tons of these types over the years who just cant cut it. Branch, Vaughan, Vellios...etc etc.

You will have to ask the last manager why he didnt play them at 20 and 21, im gonna suggest its cos they arent good enough.

Jimmy V was a supreme talent, injuries destroyed the lad.

Lets take a look at the lad in 6months David, its impossible to judge him currently fairly.

You will have to ask the last manager why he didnt play them at 20 and 21, im gonna suggest its cos they arent good enough.

Jimmy V was a supreme talent, injuries destroyed the lad.

Lets take a look at the lad in 6months David, its impossible to judge him currently fairly.

I think the very worst thing to do was to reward him with a 5 year deal when he's done sweet f.a.

Ridiculous decision making.

I think the very worst thing to do was to reward him with a 5 year deal when he's done sweet f.a.

Ridiculous decision making.

Hes been thrown in at the deep end cos we have no other striking options.

Give the lad 6months to find his feet then lets take another look.

I think the sensible option when unsure is to go completely against what Dave says, so I'm delighted we've tied down such a promising young striker for the forseeable. He's clearly got something about him.

Think he'd benefit from either a loan to a championship club for a year, or for us to start him up front in cup/europa games just like Spurs did with Kane, where he quickly made himself undroppable and burst into the league first XI.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back