Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
But they were 20 and 21 when they were here and knocking on the door of a start.

I'm not saying either were good enough. But they had less chance than this lad who I equally question has the game for the PL.

We all know we've had tons of these types over the years who just cant cut it. Branch, Vaughan, Vellios...etc etc.

Vaughan was a fabulous young talent.
His body stopped him becoming the player he could have been.

I will hold my judgement on DLC. He has yet to truly stand out but he does have the apparent raw attributes to succeed.

As others have mentioned, Kane looked no better at this current stage in his career and look at him now. A desire to be the best is as important as raw talent in some cases. Only those who work with the lad every day will see what is achievable and how he can progress.

It's weird he's done [Poor language removed] all but Koeman really seems to like him, and weirdly so do I.

Early europa league games should be a good chance for him.

At DCL's age Lewandowski was playing in the polish second division. After doing well in the top flight, Sam allardyce deemed him not good enough for Blackburn. Then BVB gave him a chance and stuck with him and he developed into one of the worlds best strikers. A lot of you bellends remind me of Sam allardyce

Erm...didn't they call the deal off due to a volcanic ash cloud that cancelled the flights and he missed the deadline??

In all fairness, and I hate to keep on at him because it's not his fault his manager picks him to play in PL games, but what has this lad done more in a first team shirt than say a McAleny or Chris Long couldn't have done in the past?

If we have the summer in the transfer market we need desperately to have then I cant see anything other than a loan out to a Championship team for this lad next season. It's just too big a step up from League One to here.
No chance! We need numbers next season. Why would we send out a regular first teamer on loan.

Yes the volcano stopped him from signing. Nothing to do with how Allardyce rated him.

He had just joined Poznan in the summer from unfashionable Znics Pruszkow for a princely sum of 1.5million zlotys, around £310,000 and was scoring goals. Yet many scouts believed he was still too lightweight to cut it in the hustle and bustle of the English leagues.

Mowbray, however, was willing to take a chance. He saw Lewandowski impress for Poland U21s and proposed a loan, which was rejected, then a loan with a view to a £600,000 deal.

Poznan demanded more cash but then the young Lewandowski said he needed another season in Poland to develop.

Mowbray didn't give up and tried again when he became Celtic manager. This time he wasn't alone. Premier League and Serie A clubs were on Lewandowski's trail and the price had gone up to £4m.

It proved too rich for Celtic and Blackburn manager Sam Allardyce made his move. He invited Lewandowski to watch Blackburn's game with Everton and the deal was set. This time though, Mother Nature intervened or, to be exact, Iceland's Eyjafjallajokull volcano.

The ash cloud meant Lewandowski's flight was cancelled. 'He got the invitation [from Blackburn], but due to the cancellation of the flights he could not go, and it makes no sense to drive,' said agent Cezary Kucharski.

As a move to Britain stalled on the runway, Dortmund stepped in and Lewandowski's flightpath to success was set, much to Mowbray's chagrin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back