Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Double Liége Swoop-Defour and Witsel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Post on the Daily Mirror which valued Defour at 17 million - what did Everton bid initially (thought was 12 million) and Standard wanted 15 million - same as Fellani. What's another two million these days? Certainly worth it given the complete lack of creative force in the Everton line up when both Arteta and Pienaar are not in action.

Defour is definately worth £17 million, he can play anywhere across midfield, and with his previus partnership with Fellaini, it would be an ideal pairing, in my opinion is would be a better option than Moutinho.

We know the price that is wanted for him so we SHOULD get in as soon as possible before another target fails to materialise. But knowing the way Everton are, we will wait until deadline day and pay over the odds for his signature

Defour is definately worth £17 million, he can play anywhere across midfield, and with his previus partnership with Fellaini, it would be an ideal pairing, in my opinion is would be a better option than Moutinho.

We know the price that is wanted for him so we SHOULD get in as soon as possible before another target fails to materialise. But knowing the way Everton are, we will wait until deadline day and pay over the odds for his signature

To be honest Alex, I think having a bid accepted now would be the worst case scenario. The only chance we have of signing a player like Defour would be with a late bid, if we bid now and it was accepted, you can bet your life that his agent would have Aston Villa and possibly even Real Madrid upping the anti.

with now less than 2 weeks till the big kick off , i dont beleive for a second we (everton) have any intention of buying players of such good quality as defour.
(imo BIG signings will only happen if lescott puts in a transfer request- even then it will be the usual bs of the money being put in the bank till january as "the deal was done too late to get replacements in this window")

face it , the club has yet again been a major let down out of season and players like defour and moutinho are nothing more than pipe dreams of a desperately run club that has become accustomed to riding there luck and taking for granted a miracle worker manager.

To be honest Alex, I think having a bid accepted now would be the worst case scenario. The only chance we have of signing a player like Defour would be with a late bid, if we bid now and it was accepted, you can bet your life that his agent would have Aston Villa and possibly even Real Madrid upping the anti.

Bingo, i see Elms club and Defours have come out and said City and Madrid are intrested in their players - clearly gearing up to sell IMO.

Still not worried by the way!

I wonder what the chances of the Defour deal being done last minute like the Fellaini deal? I wont mind if it's done that way, IF we get other players in beforehand.

I think the story is pie in the sky, we made a bid for just Defour on his own for £12M and Liege said "no".

I cant see why they would change their mind now, its like us saying to man city "actually you can have lescott for £15M and we will throw in Pienaar as well"..............Not Going To Happen!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back