Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Double Liége Swoop-Defour and Witsel

Status
Not open for further replies.
It appears the tactic of waiting to pounce at the right time has backfired, it was such a great plan as well.

Because if we did have a bid accepted earlier, Liverpool, Real Madrid and Aston Villa would have just sat back and thought "ah well, too late - it would be naughty of us to bid now...."

Just like Naughton, Delph and even Adebayor - who Alex Ferguson claimed done everything he could to get Chelsea an Man Utd to bid after City had one accepted.

To get highly reputable players, unfortunately we need to be virtually the only club in the running.

Its been obvious all summer really, Leige, his agent, the player all trying to drum up buissness to sell him. They have and are continueing to play this one through the media, drumming up buisness and whiping up hysteria.

Think we are right to step back from this one, there are a few other playmakers out there who have as much if not more potential then Defour.

Last edited:
Sadly the problem lies with bidding £12m for £18m players, we did the same thing with Moutinho.
It's like the opposite situation of Lescott. Most other teams wouldn't value Lescott at the figure we do, but to us he's worth a huge amount. We might value Defour at £12M, and perhaps his value is thereabout compared to other players, but for Liege he's worth more and therefore the higher pricetag. To get these players we might sometimes have to match the club's valuation and not just refuse to pay more than our evaluation.. if it's just a £1-3M difference.

Sadly the problem lies with bidding £12m for £18m players, we did the same thing with Moutinho.

Their sporting director acknowledged Evertons bid as 'pleasing' - so quite clearly, as much as some would like to blame Everton, that wasn't the case.

The fact is - and by fact, this is from Standard Liege senior officials - they want Defour for their first Champions League campaign.

Their sporting director acknowledged Evertons bid as 'pleasing' - so quite clearly, as much as some would like to blame Everton, that wasn't the case.

The fact is - and by fact, this is from Standard Liege senior officials - they want Defour for their first Champions League campaign.

which is only normal, seeing as it's their first in well either ever or a very very long time. I don't blame them for that, they've already had to let go of their best defende who went to milan, so to lose their captain as well would be a huge loss to them. For them the price tag is very much justified.

Now lescott is (allegedly) writing a letter demanding a move to man shitty, we would however get more funds and i reckon a topup bid of 3m? would do the trick to get defour at the table and discuss contract terms. Things is, if the Alonso matter is resolved before that, other bids might already be on the table. I'd go for him now using the money that will (in all likelihood) come from Lescott's sale.

which is only normal, seeing as it's their first in well either ever or a very very long time. I don't blame them for that, they've already had to let go of their best defende who went to milan, so to lose their captain as well would be a huge loss to them. For them the price tag is very much justified.

Now lescott is (allegedly) writing a letter demanding a move to man shitty, we would however get more funds and i reckon a topup bid of 3m? would do the trick to get defour at the table and discuss contract terms. Things is, if the Alonso matter is resolved before that, other bids might already be on the table. I'd go for him now using the money that will (in all likelihood) come from Lescott's sale.

This. Get Fellaini to ring him up and its a done deal.

If we cant get Defour because the [Poor language removed] are interested...go after Aquilani ahahahaha:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back