Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Double Liége Swoop-Defour and Witsel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its working with Alonso, so why not try and get the price downa little, with Lescott falling to the temptation of 100k a week to Man Citteh, Moyes should try and get in Defour with some of the money to bolster the midfield problem regarding creativity without Arteta, then with the Sky money improve the Right Back position and more faces as backup for Europe etc.

Even better though would be to pinch Delph from under Villas noses :)

Its working with Alonso, so why not try and get the price downa little, with Lescott falling to the temptation of 100k a week to Man Citteh, Moyes should try and get in Defour with some of the money to bolster the midfield problem regarding creativity without Arteta, then with the Sky money improve the Right Back position and more faces as backup for Europe etc.

Even better though would be to pinch Delph from under Villas noses :)

Defour's a great little player with stacks of potential, but as I see it, we need use any resources we have to strengthen wide areas rather than central midfield. Thus, there's no way we will plump for this boy.

I just cant see this cat coming with comments like this:

Standard Liege midfielder Steven Defour is being tracked by a host of Premier Leeague clubs, with Liverpool and Real Madrid also joining the race to sign the playmaker.
The 21-year-old, who began his career with KV Mechelen before joining RC Genk, has also featured for his nation Belgium, and is a regular in the national squad.
Club captain Defour joined Liege from RC Genk in 2006, is well known for his playmaking ability and vision.
Coincidently, Real are considering Defour as an option should they fail to sign Xabi Alonso from Liverpool, who are also viewing him as a replacement for the Spaniard.
While, Roma's Alberto Aquilani remains a target for Rafael Benitez, Defour is also very much on the radar for the Anfield club.
However, Standard have insisted that they will not be selling their prized asset but, Defour feels that is not the case.
"I have an agreement with Standard Liege that I could go to a top club, and Liverpool fit the bill," said the 21-year-old.
His agent Paul Stefani confirms that Liverpool are keen on Defour.
"Steven's name has been mentioned not only at Real Madrid, but also at Liverpool. They are looking at him too," he told the Daily Mail.
"Normally he would stay for another year, but nobody could say no to clubs like those. And Liege would not stand in his way."

I'd love to smash his agent's sister all over the show though.

I don't care if e wanted to join Liverpool, he hasn't joined them so my opinion of him hasn't changed, the only players in his position around the same price bracket are Defour, Moutinho and Fellaini who we already have. He is also a more realistic taget than Moutinho because he wants to come to England, and would save us money instead of paying €22m for the Mout

I don't care if e wanted to join Liverpool, he hasn't joined them so my opinion of him hasn't changed, the only players in his position around the same price bracket are Defour, Moutinho and Fellaini who we already have. He is also a more realistic taget than Moutinho because he wants to come to England, and would save us money instead of paying €22m for the Mout

They're the only midfielders we can get for 12-14 million?

Van Der Vaart would be a much better signing to me.

Wouldn't mind having a cheeky punt for someone like Toulalan or Sneijder either, someone with proven class who may move on (Lyon didn't win the league last season for the first time in years, Sneijder could be one to move on with the shake up at Madrid).

I just think we can explore more options before we go for a kid who's good in the Belgian league. (not that that's a dig against Fellaini or anything....>_>

They're the only midfielders we can get for 12-14 million?

Van Der Vaart would be a much better signing to me.

Wouldn't mind having a cheeky punt for someone like Toulalan or Sneijder either, someone with proven class who may move on (Lyon didn't win the league last season for the first time in years, Sneijder could be one to move on with the shake up at Madrid).

I just think we can explore more options before we go for a kid who's good in the Belgian league. (not that that's a dig against Fellaini or anything....>_>

Good Shout

But would those players want to come to us?

Axel Witsel: Defour’s Belgian Wonderkid Team-mate Now on Everton & Aston Villa Hitlist

Reports in Belgium are linking Standard Liege’s midfield star Axel Witsel with a move to either Everton or Aston Villa although there are a number of clubs tracking the player. The 20-year-old is one of the hottest properties in Europe after excelling for the Belgium champions alongside highly-rated Steven Defour.

Inter Milan; Manchester United, Man City and Arsenal have all been previously linked with the youngster who has played a huge part in Standard’s back to back league title wins. Individually the player has also won a number of accolades including the Belgian Young Football of the Year award in 2008 as well as the Belgian Golden Shoe for being the best player in the Belgian top division last season.

Why do they even bother with these lies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back