Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Double Liége Swoop-Defour and Witsel

Status
Not open for further replies.
We'd all love the Don back at Goodison I reckon, he showed us what our right side has lacked for a long time. Is there any indication of what the MLS would want for him from stateside as personally i've heard a lot of different figures mentioned Bill.

Baz, the third Amigo has told me and LCAB that they'd probably want between £9-12 million for him. That's a lot and i doubt that without selling we'd have anywhere near that amount to spend. Its a shame though cause he'd be a great summer signing.

THT

I'm guessing 10M USD so about 7M GBP.

I think that's the general number bandied about.

Ouch!! For a 28 year old with our finances and the lack of sell on fee, it's hard to justify that kinda price, pacy players notoriously don't stay at the top level much past 30 from my experience so we're talking $5m a year plus wages.

Last edited:
MLS wouldn't get that for him though and if Donovan forces the issue, they'll have to settle for less than that.

If Donovan was 20 years old, then yeah, sure. But not at his age now.

(EDIT: In other words, I love Donovan, but he isn't worth that much, even though he's proven himself.)

Baz, the third Amigo has told me and LCAB that they'd probably want between £9-12 million for him. That's a lot and i doubt that without selling we'd have anywhere near that amount to spend. Its a shame though cause he'd be a great summer signing.

THT

Wow, Just wrote nearly the same thing. Great minds eh. You a friend of lcab? Nice to meet you mate, any friend of his..

MLS wouldn't get that for him though and if Donovan forces the issue, they'll have to settle for less than that.

(EDIT: In other words, I love Donovan, but he isn't worth that much, even though he's proven himself.)

A true gent, you can sense the torn loyalties and everything Bill. Like I say, i'm defo. a fan and i'd like to see him return. I can't see him forcing it though, if he did he'd lose a lot of respect stateside and as a whole for his career that would probably be a bad move tbf

Last edited:

Wow, Just wrote nearly the same thing. Great minds eh. You a friend of lcab? Nice to meet you mate, any friend of his..

Yeah Baz, me and LCAB long time mates. Yeah brief history , Me and Source grew up together, I introduced LCAB to Source years ago and we've been the 3 Amigos since. The three of us meet regularly and have phone contact most days to discuss all things Everton !! I know mate a bit sad....

Anyway pleased to meet you Baz.... For the full history check out Apologies thread in the new signings thread , quite funny.

THT

Yeah Bill I know what your saying but the way it was explained to me was that the MLS have insured him for $20 million dollars or something as he is a major star over there. It would then take a matching bid for them to release him and I can't see him forcing the issue as he loves it over there. Best hope as it stands is another loan in January 2011.

THT

Yeah Baz, me and LCAB long time mates. Yeah brief history , Me and Source grew up together, I introduced LCAB to Source years ago and we've been the 3 Amigos since. The three of us meet regularly and have phone contact most days to discuss all things Everton !! I know mate a bit sad....

Anyway pleased to meet you Baz.... For the full history check out Apologies thread in the new signings thread , quite funny.

THT

Will do fella, never read the new signings forum really tbf but i'll have a look at work tomorrow. 3 Amigos eh? I Like it. Steve Martin? Chevy Chase? or Martin Short? and which one is lcab, source?

Yeah Bill I know what your saying but the way it was explained to me was that the MLS have insured him for $20 million dollars or something as he is a major star over there. It would then take a matching bid for them to release him and I can't see him forcing the issue as he loves it over there. Best hope as it stands is another loan in January 2011.

THT

I'd be all for another loan but I sincerely, without disrespect, hope we don't need him in January if we don't sign him in the summer. Surely Moyes can see RM as a weak point if the rest of us can. Saying that tho. big Vic has been looking good there lately

I'd be all for another loan but I sincerely, without disrespect, hope we don't need him in January if we don't sign him in the summer. Surely Moyes can see RM as a weak point if the rest of us can. Saying that tho. big Vic has been looking good there lately

Yeah its a problem area. I like Bily but he really has to do more and think he will next season. Vic has done well but got to get his head up a bit more when in possession. Hope we can fill that area but not heard anything as yet with regards to that but we'll see.

I'd av to be Chevy Chase I reckon, Source defo Steve Martin and that leaves LCAB as Martin Short.......I'm sure he'll disagree though !!

Yeah its a problem area. I like Bily but he really has to do more and think he will next season. Vic has done well but got to get his head up a bit more when in possession. Hope we can fill that area but not heard anything as yet with regards to that but we'll see.

I'd av to be Chevy Chase I reckon, Source defo Steve Martin and that leaves LCAB as Martin Short.......I'm sure he'll disagree though !!

I'm sure LCAB will say he's LCAB, with that EGO and all.

I'd have been Chevy as well given the choice. Vastly underrated actor imo. The original Natinal Lampoon holidays are still funny to this day I reckon, Caddyshack, funny farm, Fletch etc. Tbh i'd forgot all about Bily. I'm underwhelmed but having watched what he can play like he looks like a cross between Fernandes and Pienaar when he's at his best.Even though he criticised the team for not playing his style of football he wasn't doing much to improve it. If he was consistantly the best player in a hoofball team i'd feel sorry for the lad, a la Wilshere at Bolton. But we've played some beautiful stuff this year. I hope he has a good rest and shows us why Davey paid 9m for him as he wouldn't have bought him on the back of a Youtube video and his work ethic must be better than what he's shown lately. He hasn't had a break for something like 2 years tho. so I just hope that's why all of the above

I'd have been Chevy as well given the choice. Vastly underrated actor imo. The original Natinal Lampoon holidays are still funny to this day I reckon, Caddyshack, funny farm, Fletch etc. Tbh i'd forgot all about Bily. I'm underwhelmed but having watched what he can play like he looks like a cross between Fernandes and Pienaar when he's at his best.Even though he criticised the team for not playing his style of football he wasn't doing much to improve it. If he was consistantly the best player in a hoofball team i'd feel sorry for the lad, a la Wilshere at Bolton. But we've played some beautiful stuff this year. I hope he has a good rest and shows us why Davey paid 9m for him as he wouldn't have bought him on the back of a Youtube video and his work ethic must be better than what he's shown lately. He hasn't had a break for something like 2 years tho. so I just hope that's why all of the above

All the above Agree !!! Speak soon mate as I'm off to bed , work and all that !!

THT

I'd be Steve Martin.

I love that avatar, baz. The oldest one slightly looks like Rodwell. Maybe it's the hair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back