Drenthe ..sacked ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not being advocated. It's being recognised as a problem. He is a loose cannon, but you dont just throw that cannon away and deny yourself a game changer on the bench.

D'you think Dalglish would have sent Bellamy off to the wilderness with a SF in the cup coming up because he'd been his usual undisciplned self?

Moyes is like a boy scout. He needed to bite the bullet on that one, act like a serious player on a big stage for once by getting a one off performance from Drenthe and THEN disciplined him if he felt the need.

IMO, the fact he didn't do that just cost us big time.

I hope he's happy now back at home knowing he has full regimental control of his squad...the ones who'll be watching Liverpool v Chelsea/Spurs on the box in May.

spot on post of the year

Such a shame, always loved him, couldn't care less if he was a liability, did a lot more good than bad.

It's this the second time in about 4 weeks has "allegedly been sacked".

Meanwhile, Everton have explained the Wembley absence of Royston Drenthe.

A Club spokeman said: "Royston Drenthe has been the subject of a disciplinary matter. This has been dealt with internally and the Club will be making no further comment."

From the OS, at the bottom of the Cahill interview on Distin.

Meanwhile, Everton have explained the Wembley absence of Royston Drenthe.

A Club spokeman said: "Royston Drenthe has been the subject of a disciplinary matter. This has been dealt with internally and the Club will be making no further comment."

From the OS, at the bottom of the Cahill interview on Distin.

ah right was nice of them to deal with it in time for our biggest game in a good few years rather than leaving him out of a pointless trip to old trafford instead. If the lad is going through tough times at home surely they should take that into consideration, wheres the arm round the shoulder treatment that would have been offered to cahil/neville etc.? obviously if it is something very drastic i will support the clubs decision, our club will always be bigger than 1 personnel after all, but i highly doubt it was anything too serious

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back