Drenthe ..sacked ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard he tried forming a rap group with Hibbo and Neville called the 'terrific threesome.'

When Moyed heard this he fumed beyond belief at being excluded from this new supergroup.

He approached Drenthe to ask whether he could be included in the group and Drenthe replied "Koff Moyes ya scottish blert."

To which Moyes responded by saying, "YOU'VE BEEN ON THAT GRAND OLD TEAM SITE HAVEN'T YOU?! I TOLD D/D TO BAN YOU! FFS KEV."

So Moyes had no choice to drop him until he either left GOT, or D/D banned him.

FFS. As if yesterday wasn't bad enough to last me for six months, i come back from a lovely sprintime walk to this thread. Everton are just depressing the fcuk out of me right now. Big time.

Drenthe is a football wizard. If he didn't turn up on time for training then, like toffejack says, why not cut him some slack ffs if he has domestic problems (divorce?), which is what the OS line has been. But no, drop our one playmaker ahead of an absolute MUST WIN game that could not only have defined our season but Moyes' future career. If this is what's happened then Moyes really has shot himself in the foot and i'll add to the list of his failings, which i've already started with having an over-defensive mentality, a second one: inability to control his own ego in the face of misconduct.

There are only two scenarios where i would condone him being dropped from yesterday's game:
1. He took a swing or used excessive foul language to any of the coaching staff.
2. He really is in talks with RS - in which case, ship him out immediately, because that is an unforgiveable insult just before we play them in such a crucial game.

If neither of the above have happened then dropping him was unforgiveable.

As for the OS, it's a waste of time, and i hardly ever visit it now. They feed you either a cupful of rice or nothing at all. To say that Drenthe has been disciplned and that they are making no further comment just fuels speculation, and adds further to fan discontent.

Agreed 1000%.

I wont be taking the OS line on Drenthe either. Handy rule of thumb: whatever the club say - the polar opposite is usually more likely to be nearer the truth, even if it isn't spot on.

I understand why people are blaming Moyes. After all this isn't the 1st time something like this happened during his tenure here. We had a special special talent in Jo and Moyes F-ed it up by getting on Jo's ****e list with oppressive rules like not being in another country when you should be at practice. I will never forgive Moyes for all that talent that we let go. Though he is no longer on the squad, Jo's legend will always live on in my heart.

I heard he tried forming a rap group with Hibbo and Neville called the 'terrific threesome.'

When Moyed heard this he fumed beyond belief at being excluded from this new supergroup.

He approached Drenthe to ask whether he could be included in the group and Drenthe replied "Koff Moyes ya scottish blert."

To which Moyes responded by saying, "YOU'VE BEEN ON THAT GRAND OLD TEAM SITE HAVEN'T YOU?! I TOLD D/D TO BAN YOU! FFS KEV."

So Moyes had no choice to drop him until he either left GOT, or D/D banned him.

Bigmaclad IN FFS!

Have some rep.

I understand why people are blaming Moyes. After all this isn't the 1st time something like this happened during his tenure here. We had a special special talent in Jo and Moyes F-ed it up by getting on Jo's ****e list with oppressive rules like not being in another country when you should be at practice. I will never forgive Moyes for all that talent that we let go. Though he is no longer on the squad, Jo's legend will always live on in my heart.

I literally shed a tear laughing at this.

It's probably why we dont see Barkley. You cant have a young kid bristling with confidence and talent. He had a few lapses in concentration in a couple of games: "Put the cheeky tvvat in the stiffs for a season...that'll teach him."

As for ill-discipline and not being at the club for training...I'd rather a few hours lost here and there (if that was the problem) than someone like Cahill's habit of frigging off for months on end to play in some scabby no-mark Oceana tournament against Borneo.

One rule for his blue-eyed boys I suppose.

It's probably why we dont see Barkley. You cant have a young kid bristling with confidence and talent. He had a few lapses in concentration in a couple of games: "Put the cheeky tvvat in the stiffs for a season...that'll teach him."

As for ill-discipline and not being at the club for training...I'd rather a few hours lost here and there (if that was the problem) than someone like Cahill's habit of frigging off for months on end to play in some scabby no-mark Oceana tournament against Borneo.

One rule for his blue-eyed boys I suppose.

Wouldn't happen at your beloved Man United would it Dave ?

Wouldn't happen at your beloved Man United would it Dave ?

freaky-animals-aye-aye.jpg

Moyes is like a boy scout. He is trying to build the club on principles and sticking to it. This is how you build a club and a culture, like barca or Manu, not a group of mercenaries, like man city or most others. One takes time and standards, the other just takes money and a willingness to turn a kind eye. well, in fairness, both take money, and that is where our plan isn't quite working yet.

I for one like that there is something as important as integrity that will always stand between us and the ****e. I was hoping RR would see the light, and fall in line. His talent would be welcome with an attitude adjustment, but looks like didn't happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back