Duncan Ferguson For Leadership?

Would you give Big Dunc the job until at least the end of the season, possibly for the forseeable?

• Yes

Votes: 108 46.6%
  • No

Votes: 124 53.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The guy has been here throughout all the managers who failed and you want to reward him with a promotion???
Didn't mean he could over rule them. Surely he learned a few things to do and not to do along the way...Not saying he's the man for the job, but you can't hold him accountable for the managers

As far as apprenticeships go in football management he's been absolutely spoiled, he's been exposed to the extreme ends of the spectrum in Allardyce and Ancelotti, and actually pretty much everything in between, he's been given an unbelievable amount of learning opportunities, if, and a big if, he's got the ability to become an effective manager, then our clubs recent turmoil and revolving door manager policy should of been a gift to him, hope he's been taking notes!

For now I believe he can motivate a team and isn't scared of holding players fully accountable, he can rev a team up for a maximum effort performance, but no idea really how tactically astute he is. Not the be all and end all either and very hard to quantify, but I would imagine at this point him as manager wouldn't be a selling point to signing any genuine quality players and may even hamper the process.

I'd love to see him or Rooney in charge at some point, or even a double team! Neither are ready yet for me in anything other than a short term caretaker capacity.

He's been in charge and it started with a bang and ended with a whimper.

He's not ready for any PL club job. So when is he leaving to get experience?
Mate he filled in for a few matches he’s never had the level of control Benitez does now and rightly so because he’s not earned the right to.

I was disputing the ‘he must be crap because he’s been involved in crap regimes’ argument because we’ve all worked for stubborn bosses before who’ve gone in a direction different to what you might want and ultimately he’s never been a decision maker.

Mate he filled in for a few matches he’s never had the level of control Benitez does now and rightly so because he’s not earned the right to.

I was disputing the ‘he must be crap because he’s been involved in crap regimes’ argument because we’ve all worked for stubborn bosses before who’ve gone in a direction different to what you might want and ultimately he’s never been a decision maker.
Do you want a cone layer in charge of Everton? That's the only question I understand.

Thankfully we'll never see it.

Consider this Dave. Big Dunc is a greater success in life than you will ever be.

Cone you believe that! ?
If by success he played for Everton then yes.

But I'd rather think that anyone who work's for someone who doesn't hang on to the doors of the place refusing to leave when their time is up is infinitely more succesful at life.

But I'd rather think that anyone who work's for someone who doesn't hang on to the doors of the place refusing to leave when their time is up is infinitely more succesful at life.

When I seen the thread header I thought it was a PP Broadcast, now if DF it would be socilalist.

He would be crap because he's a cretin whose main talent is for headbutting spherical objects, sometimes somewhat indiscriminately.

McDonald's doesn't count Dave ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back