Dyche out Moyes in.

All I want is a coach who can coach the team to pass a ball, put in a decent cross and if it’s not to much trouble a bit of pass and move. And may be not employ colour blind players because I’m sure all our players see in monochrome because they can’t differentiate blue from any other colour.

Moyes and Dyche and largely the same person tactically. Moyes is better but our squad would kill him
I completely disagree there are parallels, moyes is more versatile and less rigid in his tactics, yes he can be defensive minded and pragmatic but he is far more effective attacking wise than dych has ever been , he is also more open to creative players you think dyche would Played pienaar or mirallas?

No thanks, Moyes wouldn’t do any better here, he only won 4 points more than we did last season with a much better squad.

Conceded a shed load of goals last season as well despite negative football.

Yes he won the trophy, and did a great job overall at West Ham, but he was a game from the sack several times that season and lost his way in the last 18 months there Remember when they beat us at Lampard got sacked, it would have been Moyes out if we'd won it or even drawn. He's now 61 and I think trophy gave him that crowining achievement of his career. I don't see him being in another job for a long period.

I thought the idea of Moyes was done with the way last season finished and everyone come to the conclusion you can't sack Dyche.

I'd take a couple of years of Moyes over a prolonged period of Dyche's pragmatism.

If my working out is correct then out of 209 home league games, Moyes only lost 42. Giving him a win rate of 54% and a result rate of 80%.

Wins 113
Draws 54
Losses 42

Whilst I’d never go back to Moyes, he at least made Goodison a place to pick up points.

We had 2 seasons were we only lost once at home.

No thank you, if/when Dyche is replaced we need a younger manager, as was the case when Moyes was first appointed. Prefer someone to put a smile on fans faces (without the appalling tippy-tappy football that is currently in vogue).

I don't think we should or will replace dyche any time soon.

But if we did we can't afford a young/progressive manager as this squad cannot adapt to that yet. So, I would go for moyes if we needed change this season. Similar to dyche in that he can get a poor squad to pick up points ugly, but I think he is more likely to develop a squad over 2/3 years than dyche is. Then we may be ready for a modern approach manager.

I completely disagree there are parallels, moyes is more versatile and less rigid in his tactics, yes he can be defensive minded and pragmatic but he is far more effective attacking wise than dych has ever been , he is also more open to creative players you think dyche would Played pienaar or mirallas?

Or arteta, or baines or younger Coleman.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back