Dynamo Kyiv

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why the drama about it all ?? a bit of crowd trouble, so what.

Its not like its fine coming to Goodison for some fans.

When was the last time our over 100 of our fans ran to attack the away fans, causing them to be evacuated from the stadium and the game to be delayed? Then proceeded to attack eachother and stewards?

If it's not going to be played behind closed doors, then I at least hope it's on condition that there is a much larger police and steward presence to protect our fans.

No problem Pabbers :)
I'm not shocked that much, I know what happens or had happened in stadiums in the past even if indeed I haven't experienced such troubles. But without Guingamp provocation, forcing fans to get out from their box to insure their safety. I'm sorry but isn't it the opposite? Their safety were also far away from being guaranteed while they went out btw. They got lucky somehow and you switch this luck into "small" troubles while a bad luck would have for sure induce "huge" troubles.

When was the last time our over 100 of our fans ran to attack the away fans, causing them to be evacuated from the stadium and the game to be delayed? Then proceeded to attack eachother and stewards?

If it's not going to be played behind closed doors, then I at least hope it's on condition that there is a much larger police and steward presence to protect our fans.

There will have to be, i reckon we will take about 1000

How many times haave our fans attacked other fans ??? Many many times over the years, you may have missed an icident with Man United a few years ago.

I United fan had EFC carved into his back once.
a Bolton fan has hung by his own scalf once.

Right or wrong, these things happen.

I have watched the cips of the trouble, and it look just like dozens of games in England from the 80's and even 90's.

No problem Pabbers :)
I'm not shocked that much, I know what happens or had happened in stadiums in the past even if indeed I haven't experienced such troubles. But without Guingamp provocation, forcing fans to get out from their box to insure their safety. I'm sorry but isn't it the opposite? Their safety were also far away from being guaranteed while they went out btw. They got lucky somehow and you switch this luck into "small" troubles while a bad luck would have for sure induce "huge" troubles.

It looks like we will get more protection due to what happened to you guys.

Pre CCTV there was plenty of trouble inside Goodison. Can't think of a game being stopped though.

We've already had the average everton fans who dont normally go to away games never mind in europe peppered with tear gas and rubber bullets. Id be surprised if its any worse then that.

Id rather get hit with a couple of digs than a tear gas canister anyway

Metal ninja stars used to get thrown into the away end at Goodison.

I remember a game against Sheff Wed mid 80's, people were handing out free promotional 7" vinyl records in town for some new band, some found their way into the Enclosure and were used as missiles.I wouldn't fancy being hit by one of them.

Thinking back I'm sure it's the game where Reidy handed Marwood some justice, after the latter had done Heath in a shocking challenge. Only got a yellow iirc. The band was The Europeans, the record was crap btw.

Last edited:
How many times haave our fans attacked other fans ??? Many many times over the years, you may have missed an icident with Man United a few years ago.

I United fan had EFC carved into his back once.
a Bolton fan has hung by his own scalf once.

Right or wrong, these things happen.

I have watched the cips of the trouble, and it look just like dozens of games in England from the 80's and even 90's.

I asked 'when was the last time', and as you say you have to go back to the 'dark days' of football for an example. The United game you mention is completely different of course because the scenes inside the stadium were hardly comparable to the Kyiv game (outside the ground is a different matter).

Maybe you are used to grim scenes if you went to games in the 80's etc, but being born in 1990 I find it hard to class what happened as 'a bit of crowd trouble', and if Uefa don't come down hard on them, it would be blatant double standards.

And I reckon we'll take nearer 2000 if it goes ahead, hopefully me being one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back