Dynamo Kyiv

Status
Not open for further replies.
I asked 'when was the last time', and as you say you have to go back to the 'dark days' of football for an example. The United game you mention is completely different of course because the scenes inside the stadium were hardly comparable to the Kyiv game (outside the ground is a different matter).

Maybe you are used to grim scenes if you went to games in the 80's etc, but being born in 1990 I find it hard to class what happened as 'a bit of crowd trouble', and if Uefa don't come down hard on them, it would be blatant double standards.

And I reckon we'll take nearer 2000 if it goes ahead, hopefully me being one of them.

Point is mate, it happpens and has happened to many Blues that go the game, just because England has cleaned up its image, doesn't mean it still does not go on.

We can't be naive and blinkered on this, and when you go to hardened countries, or places with poverty or civil trouble, you have to expect different types of people.

These things should not put you off, its letting these people win.

Now, civil war and killing in the street....then yes....stay away.

Many of these hooligans are following what English hooligans started from years ago.

I asked 'when was the last time', and as you say you have to go back to the 'dark days' of football for an example. The United game you mention is completely different of course because the scenes inside the stadium were hardly comparable to the Kyiv game (outside the ground is a different matter).

Maybe you are used to grim scenes if you went to games in the 80's etc, but being born in 1990 I find it hard to class what happened as 'a bit of crowd trouble', and if Uefa don't come down hard on them, it would be blatant double standards.

And I reckon we'll take nearer 2000 if it goes ahead, hopefully me being one of them.

1000000000000000000000% id rather get attacked in the stadium rather than outside it.

Point is mate, it happpens and has happened to many Blues that go the game, just because England has cleaned up its image, doesn't mean it still does not go on.

We can't be naive and blinkered on this, and when you go to hardened countries, or places with poverty or civil trouble, you have to expect different types of people.

These things should not put you off, its letting these people win.

Now, civil war and killing in the street....then yes....stay away.

Many of these hooligans are following what English hooligans started from years ago.
Yeah, agreed.

My point is more that if teams are competing in the same competition, regardless of civil issues in different countries, the fans behaviour should be viewed through the same lens, and in Britain today those scenes in Kyiv wouldn't be seen as 'a bit of trouble ' - we'll see if Uefa think the same.

Yeah, agreed.

My point is more that if teams are competing in the same competition, regardless of civil issues in different countries, the fans behaviour should be viewed through the same lens, and in Britain today those scenes in Kyiv wouldn't be seen as 'a bit of trouble ' - we'll see if Uefa think the same.

Well Everton are over their discussing tickets, so all must be fine.

Yeah, agreed.

I think all this behind closed doors business is ridiculous, the away team and fans are being punished for no reason whatsoever.

You either should move it to a neutral venue, or ban the home fans only.

I think all this behind closed doors business is ridiculous, the away team and fans are being punished for no reason whatsoever.

You either should move it to a neutral venue, or ban the home fans only.
It would be a shame for our fans, but as regards the team, it could be a huge benefit. If we take a slim lead over there, it would be much easier to defend without 60000 Kyivians (?) behind them.

To avoid any trouble, you're better off dressing up like Paul Calf and going in the home end, nobody will suspect a thing.

If any of the locals try and strike up a coversation, just belch in their faces and offer them a swig of your vodka and kerosene cocktail, which you've smuggled into the stadium in a milk carton.

I recall we had an away European game in Ireland circa 1978.

Against a team called Finn Harps from County Donegal.

A busload of us went over to Belfast on the ferry and proceeded to make our way north.

In those days the Irish Troubles were in full swing and the coach was stopped at an army roadblock and these Jock soldiers came on.

There was a bit of bantz when they let it be known they were Rangers fans......until someone started singing "to hell with Liverpool and.....etc..." and everyone joined in.

Then the chant "Celtic, Celtic, Celtic" went up and it all kicked off.

There was murder on the bus and it spilled out on to the road.......all these Jock soldiers and Evertonians.

The locals at the roadblock were looking on in amazement.

I wouldn't mind but the soldiers all had rifles and were waving them around yelling "yiz feckin' English Fenian c**ts yiz"

lol

Looking back now, nearly forty years on, it was a hilarious scene but for a few moments on that road in Northern Ireland I thought we were all going to be shot.

The officers came on the scene and got their men under control and we went on our way :confused:

But the point I an making is that you need to just be careful when going into war zones or politically volatile situations.

Any little incident can lead to a much greater confrontation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back