Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC" part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's gone as a top league goalkeeper.

That looks a bread and butter catch for a keeper in a under 9's team.

I hope he has a network of family and friends for support,he must be going through some kind of mental anguish right now,he looks like he should be no where near a football pitch and should be seeing a shrink.

Perfect example of Kopite logic from a conversation with a Red just now, said without a shred of irony.

Liverpool 1-0 up: "Just looks at us, we're taking Dortmund apart! We're unplayable all over the pitch, this is the year we finally go all the way!"

Dortmund eventuality win 3-1: "Why are you making such a fuss and laughing over a friendly? It's not even like we played our first team or this game matters anyway. People are always so ready to make rush judgments."

They just make it so easy....................:hayee:

Have you seen our fans reaction to a friendly yesterday?

Have you seen our fans reaction to a friendly yesterday?
Oh I pay no attention to our fans reactions of a match result online before, during or after any game mate. I'm sure 99% of them are WUMs. In person during a real life conversation I very much doubt (I hope for their own sake anyway) that they'd act more like a sane person. People ted to talk absolute wham online and say things that they'd never do in person for fear of being laughed at forever more. If I saw a grown adult saying half the things I see after a result on here I'd be advising them to get medical attention!

Last edited:
Anyone see the Shankly documentary on BBC last night? Comedy gold.

Kopites travelling up to Glenbuck in Scotland to say a few words over a memorial to him....Pete Hooton (professional Kopite) was there to lead the 'inspirational' speeches. Toe curling stuff.

There's something wrong with people who deify a football manager. They really do underline the swivell-eyed loon tendency they have when Shankly is spoken of.

One saving grace from it was the acceptance by their old guard that they were a nothing club before the mid-60s - happy to be in Division Two - who spent 80 years in Everton's shadow. You can see how much it hurt them. They can talk about what happened subsequently all they want (apart from the 80s glory period for us under HK when we knocked them off their perch before SAF did) but the gap between us and them will never ever be as great as that which existed in our favour prior to the 70s.

Anyone see the Shankly documentary on BBC last night? Comedy gold.

Kopites travelling up to Glenbuck in Scotland to say a few words over a memorial to him....Pete Hooton (professional Kopite) was there to lead the 'inspirational' speeches. Toe curling stuff.

There's something wrong with people who deify a football manager. They really do underline the swivell-eyed loon tendency they have when Shankly is spoken of.

One saving grace from it was the acceptance by their old guard that they were a nothing club before the mid-60s - happy to be in Division Two - who spent 80 years in Everton's shadow. You can see how much it hurt them. They can talk about what happened subsequently all they want (apart from the 80s glory period for us under HK when we knocked them off their perch before SAF did) but the gap between us and them will never ever be as great as that which existed in our favour prior to the 70s.

For a team supposedly a million miles away from us their fears about avrevived Everton border on almost paranoia. They’ve happily sat back and watched United City Chelsea Arsenal all move ahead of them yet when we’ve even had a half decent team they completely lose it looking to discredit us in any way possible.

If for whatever reason we managed to win the next trophy between the two clubs the residents of murder inc. would be besides themselves and pitchforks would be our for players, Klopp and owners.

For a team supposedly a million miles away from us their fears about avrevived Everton border on almost paranoia. They’ve happily sat back and watched United City Chelsea Arsenal all move ahead of them yet when we’ve even had a half decent team they completely lose it looking to discredit us in any way possible.

If for whatever reason we managed to win the next trophy between the two clubs the residents of murder inc. would be besides themselves and pitchforks would be our for players, Klopp and owners.
Correct. They have a visceral hatred for Evreton. Forget the cod out of towner obsessed rivalry with United (that's largely a media construct that they seize on because it makes them look important to be associated with United - a real powerhouse club).

Everton are hated because they know deep down they're DNA screams 'inferior'. They know as an organisation and at a subconcious level that they struggled for the best part of their history to surpass Everton and to throw off our domination. Two-thirds of their period in existence they have been second best. They know it and it leaves an indelible mark. They can talk all they want about 18/5. That collective memory wont be erased.

TBF, I'd say matchworks is not bad as kopites go. Doesn't chat wham. I notice skamp has been absent since my post about our would-have-been Euro jaunts in 1985-86 and 1097-88.
I've posted twice since that post of yours and I'm never on here the weekend as I've better things to do in this weather. Not sure what 1097-88 means; assume you mean 1987-88?

He's gone as a top league goalkeeper.

That looks a bread and butter catch for a keeper in a under 9's team.

I hope he has a network of family and friends for support,he must be going through some kind of mental anguish right now,he looks like he should be no where near a football pitch and should be seeing a shrink.

Remember when all the RS were saying Klopp's brilliance had spotted and brought in the next Neuer!! lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back