Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC" part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've posted twice since that post of yours and I'm never on here the weekend as I've better things to do in this weather. Not sure what 1097-88 means; assume you mean 1987-88?

You cannot see a simple typo? "...Not sure what 1097-88 means..." You have to castigate it in some way?

Jeez...

I've posted twice since that post of yours and I'm never on here the weekend as I've better things to do in this weather. Not sure what 1097-88 means; assume you mean 1987-88?
Even a cursory internet search shows that King Steven of England who was in charge in 1097 was a koppite who metaphorically pushed a wall onto Matilda's legitimate claims to the thrown, prior to King Henry II re-asserting his family's true ascension to the crown*.

*King Henry II was a Chelsea fan. On Steven's slip from power, he claimed "Ba!" to all in his presence and the rest was history.

Fancy not knowing your history...

Even a cursory internet search shows that King Steven of England who was in charge in 1097 was a koppite who metaphorically pushed a wall onto Matilda's legitimate claims to the thrown, prior to King Henry II re-asserting his family's true ascension to the crown*.

*King Henry II was a Chelsea fan. On Steven's slip from power, he claimed "Ba!" to all in his presence and the rest was history.

Fancy not knowing your history...
That season the Steven Vs Matilda battles basically canceled each other out W5, D5, L5. And let in Henry to take the crown.
Just sayin like

Not sure I'm in a position to answer that. Maybe ask those you believe are slagging it off?

You were mocking the idea that Scousers are 'witty'.

So ingrained in you that you didn't realise but that's what you were doing.

You were mocking the idea that Scousers are 'witty'.

So ingrained in you that you didn't realise but that's what you were doing.
Didn't realise you were so sensitive, but not sure how you arrive at the conclusion that I'm slagging the city off! Oh yes, I do actually, having seen how you post.

Didn't realise you were so sensitive, but not sure how you arrive at the conclusion that I'm slagging the city off! Oh yes, I do actually, having seen how you post.

It's not exactly screaming '96 was not enough' but it's a snidey dig and of a sort that Liverpool fans are apt to make. It just baffles me that they feel so comfortable doing it.

It's not exactly screaming '96 was not enough' but it's a snidey dig and of a sort that Liverpool fans are apt to make. It just baffles me that they feel so comfortable doing it.
It was a retort to the guy who suggested I was a school lad. It baffles me that you'd be so offended by something so inoffensive.

Correct. They have a visceral hatred for Evreton. Forget the cod out of towner obsessed rivalry with United (that's largely a media construct that they seize on because it makes them look important to be associated with United - a real powerhouse club).

Everton are hated because they know deep down they're DNA screams 'inferior'. They know as an organisation and at a subconcious level that they struggled for the best part of their history to surpass Everton and to throw off our domination. Two-thirds of their period in existence they have been second best. They know it and it leaves an indelible mark. They can talk all they want about 18/5. That collective memory wont be erased.

Not to mention their history begins with Everton, which is why I find it so hilarious that we get the 'little club always in our shadow' tag from the glory hunters

Not to mention their history begins with Everton, which is why I find it so hilarious that we get the 'little club always in our shadow' tag from the glory hunters

I dont blame them ignoring the history of their organisation, it's a shameful one. Run by bigots who only allowed bigots to succeed them to sit on their board; operated a bigotted transfer policy in the nineteenth century and (best part of) the twentieth century.

I dont blame them ignoring the history of their organisation, it's a shameful one. Run by bigots who only allowed bigots to succeed them to sit on their board; operated a bigotted transfer policy in the nineteenth century and (best part of) the twentieth century.

Bigotted?

...more like that.

Horrendous people in charge of Liverpool.
I’m quite interested in all of the Everton/Liverpool catholic/proteststant stuff. We have an Orangeman in work, proper mental Scottish fella. When he came down to work, he started following us he said that we were the Protestant Club, and they were the Catholics. I wasnt aware that there were any religious leaning from either club. We were founded by St Domingos Methodist Church after all. I love to prove this fella wrong no matter what the subject! So I decide to do some research and could find no defininitve proof either way. Loads of contradictairy opinions but nothing historically definitive. Could you please provide some links. Are we Catholic or Protestant? I’d love you to provide some facts so I can hit this fella with it!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back