Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC" part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not for me, when comparing world record transfer fees, you compare them to just that. Where do you draw the line? "We've just signed the world's most expensive left-footed, Asian left-winger, with an affro"?

If the stories are to be believed, VVD was never going to City as he wanted to go to Liverpool.

And that position of money-balling is what Liverpool have been doing for a while up to this year, where I think we've spent the benefits of having done that.
do you honestly believe he'd choose liverpool over city if he had the same offer? that's up their with robbie keane saying every club he joined was his boyhood club.
This coming from the club that gave joe cole a script and told him to tell the press how much of a big club they are

You made a complete idiot of yourself, starting waffling on about butlers and cooks and made spurious assertions about the state education sector.

You tried to be clever. A lad (now banned for his behaviour) was goading people about Oxlade Chamberlains injury. I pointed out, and maintain that while I have no desire to celebrate anyones injury I can't say I have any major sympathy for him as its not a major tragedy. You kept trying to box me into a corner to generalise from, making comments about all footballers etc.

If you think Oxlade Chamberlains dad was right to make the choices he did, good for you, but you also have to acknowledge that people will make a judgement upon that choice, particularly those who have worked within the profession and seen the sharp end of cuts and the impact on the children involved. The same government (who likely send their kids to the same schools Oxlade Chamberlains dad did) often parrot the same sort of line you did. You are entitled to your opinion, but that opinion is also open to challenge.

It's a shame you didn't study further, you seem like a bright man and I'm sure you're a great dad. If you want advice about options of studying further and what help you might be able to get I am happy to give information on PM if you so wish.

Whether serious, or meant as "banter" your comments didn't come across as particularly amusing and I can imagine most on here were a bit taken aback by them. I'd avoid doing that in future if I were you.
Will agree to disagree then. Thanks for the offer but my daughters both with degrees (damn those pesky state schools!!) would help me out. Anyway, top four and a good go at the Champions league again for me. As for a trophy, would take one like a shot. Too many disregard domestic cups and I hope that doesn't include our manager this term. Still think cover at centre half is needed.

Salah has massively overachieved given why you paid for him and even yoummust agree with that. No one expected that return, and I doubt tbh he’ll be able to repeat it so comparing anyone who is bought for a similar fee to his one season is stupid and is in no way comparable to me saying that VVD should be at the same level as the world’s top CB seeing as you paid a world record fee for him.

It’s not about Everton (hence the the thread title). We don’t go around telling anyone who will listen that we play the best football in Europe, that we have the best manager in the world, that we have best forward in the world, we don’t flood online votes to make sure or manager who has won nothing wins a pool for world’s best manager, we don’t go around saying our centreback is a rolls Royce, or that if x player hadn’t have been red carded or had joined earlier that youd have won the league last season.

I don’t think you’ll be anywhere near the league as you weren’t last season because Mourinho and Guardiola both have far better players and are far better managers but as a club you’ve backed yourself into the position where you’ll be expected to challenge for it nevertheless because you’ve spent so long banging on about yourselves desperate to be relevant and the centre of attention that now it’s finally time to put up or shut up once and for all. If you’re as good as you all bang on about 24/7 down every media channel possible go and win it then.

‘Oh no we’re not favourites because United and City have spent more money than us but we are better than them but that doesn’t mean we’re expected to win it’ hypocritical biffs.
So I can't compare 2 players bought in similar positions for similar fees one year apart because "he massively over-achieved" and he wasn't the most expensive player in his position.

I didn't say it was about Everton, but you insist I acknowledge that Liverpool must win one or the big 2 because we've spent £200M, so I though I'd throw the same scenario at you. As expected, you didn't take me up on it.

All the generalised comments about "relevant, best football and Rolls Royce players" don't apply to all Liverpool fans. Twitter, RAWK and "some lads in the office" don't represent how all Liverpool fans feel, and definitely does not apply to me.

Liverpool finished miles behind City last season, as did everyone else. If Utd, who finished closest to them spent another £250M now, I'd still make City favourites, as would pretty much everyone else including you, so you attempting to make me say, "Yeah, that's the final piece in the jigsaw; we've deffo won everything now" just isn't going to happen. I'm more realistic than that, whilst acknowledging (a couple of times) that the pressure has been cranked up on Liverpool.

Thought Jose would be more concerned with City as they walked the league last year and are supposedly their biggest opponents. He's doing his usual deflection tactics so nothing new.
Jose winds up everyone he knows can be wound up. I don't think united fans will do anything but lap up a bit of rs baiting. If only Big Scam had done it whilst he was here, that'd been something to have gotten the fans onside. Silva doesn't look like he gets too involved in this aspect of the game. It'll be interesting to see what happens if he has to deal with it - primarily because people will have to start seeing him and us as a threat for it to be worth doing.

do you honestly believe he'd choose liverpool over city if he had the same offer? that's up their with robbie keane saying every club he joined was his boyhood club.
This coming from the club that gave joe cole a script and told him to tell the press how much of a big club they are
What evidence do you have he'd have joined City? Liverpool courted him for a long time and we all know how it went t###s up and got delayed till the Jan transfer window. Every quote from VVD had him talking about joining Liverpool. Klopp had targeted him for a long time and refused to buckle and get a replacement when it went wrong last summer. This is what leads me to believe he wasn't ever going to City.

Jose getting the popcorn out early.
I understand he’s trying to wind people up but there’s some truth there. Enormous pressure.
I predict Klopp with flip on the line before the season is over.

What evidence do you have he'd have joined City? Liverpool courted him for a long time and we all know how it went t###s up and got delayed till the Jan transfer window. Every quote from VVD had him talking about joining Liverpool. Klopp had targeted him for a long time and refused to buckle and get a replacement when it went wrong last summer. This is what leads me to believe he wasn't ever going to City.

anyone in their right mind would.
City needed a centre half, pay more than liverpool, have better players and genuinely challenge for trophies and the league every year.
No amount of tales of past glories competes with that, modern players are all about short term success

anyone in their right mind would.
City needed a centre half, pay more than liverpool, have better players and genuinely challenge for trophies and the league every year.
No amount of tales of past glories competes with that, modern players are all about short term success
So you have nothing then apart from that's what you think.

So you have nothing then apart from that's what you think.
aye it's my opinion, but it's also common sense. If klopps been illegally tapping him up for an age, and his agents told city wont meet the fee liverpool will offer then of course he'd go to liverpool.
plus signing for liverpool , he'll have seen countless players impress then finally get a big move ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back