Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC" part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Based on the number of 'Everton are delusional if they think spending big will let them challenge the top 6' comments by RS on twitter and on here then I feel I'm on safe ground using it as an example. But I think you already knew that and were just feigning ignorance as your 'theres no pressure on us as we are only spending big to match Man City and Man Utd' narrative is absurd.
As I alluded to earlier, if people pay any mind to what football "fans" say on Twitter, they get everything they deserve. And the bit you've "quoted" shouldn't be such as I never said that. I was answering the assertion that Liverpool HAVE to win the prem or CL this season after spending all that money this summer.

As I alluded to earlier, if people pay any mind to what football "fans" say on Twitter, they get everything they deserve. And the bit you've "quoted" shouldn't be such as I never said that. I was answering the assertion that Liverpool HAVE to win the prem or CL this season after spending all that money this summer.
Fair comment. Personally I agree, I don't think Liverpool should be thinking they are going to win it, but if youve come close and talk about 'greatest manager in the world' and have players declaring themselves 'best in the world' alongside spending world record money on players, questions will be asked if you don't do it. It is the nature of modern football.

Fair comment. Personally I agree, I don't think Liverpool should be thinking they are going to win it, but if youve come close and talk about 'greatest manager in the world' and have players declaring themselves 'best in the world' alongside spending world record money on players, questions will be asked if you don't do it. It is the nature of modern football.
I agree. I certainly don't think Liverpool are anything like favourites; maybe second favourites alongside Utd for the prem and probably around 5-6th favourite for CL. Again the "greatest manager in the world" comes from Twitter & RAWK fans so is meaningless. And Lovren described himself as "one of the best", not the best, so another misquote. And anything he says can be taken with a pinch of salt.

I agree. I certainly don't think Liverpool are anything like favourites; maybe second favourites alongside Utd for the prem and probably around 5-6th favourite for CL. Again the "greatest manager in the world" comes from Twitter & RAWK fans so is meaningless. And Lovren described himself as "one of the best", not the best, so another misquote. And anything he says can be taken with a pinch of salt.

I'm starting to see how this works...anything remotely ludicrous written about Liverpool should be taken with a pinch of salt despite it being 99% of the output from your fans.

Say what you like about LFC but they seem to have access to some of the most highly gifted dentists in the world.

Last year klopp had a mouth like a desecrated graveyard, this year he looks like firminho' s audition shots for ru paul's drag race.

Obviously the RS employee dental plan is second to none - see Klopp and Rodgers....
Shame their care of duty to retired former mangers is lacking somewhat - see Mr Shankly...

By that logic, for the fee signed, Richarlison should score 40+ goals next season, a la Salah? Liverpool have only invested the real big money (with no key players departing) this season. So to expect a CL or Prem win immediately is stretching it slightly. City would still have a stronger squad than Liverpool, even if another £80-100M was invested. Arguably now on par with Utd, squad-wise.
Klopp has paid out 500 million on players in his tenure.

Klopp has paid out 500 million on players in his tenure.

How can he compete with those kind of restrictions, the likes of city just want to buy the league . Thank goodness he’s not that sort of manager , he wouldn’t do that or rather he wouldn’t chat absolute BS about doing it then do exactly that . Anyone who did that would be the kind of two faced snide who you couldn’t trust as far as you could throw them . You know the type who’d laugh it off when it was pointed out to them or when they got asked questions they didn’t like or when they crashed another managers press conference .

Obviously the RS employee dental plan is second to none - see Klopp and Rodgers....
Shame their care of duty to retired former mangers is lacking somewhat - see Mr Shankly...

I thought during their documentary the other night they could at least have thanked us for looking after and showing some respect to Shanks and giving him hospitality at Goodison during his final years after they had discarded him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back