Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC" part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
With £300M+ replacing players sold.

Don’t forget the CL money and from these frendlies , the bloke has pretty much had nothing to work with . It’s like the old Wimbledon story climbing up the leagues or the miracle of castel di sangro .

I think I speak for everyone here when I say I just wish the media would give the bloke some credit .

That doesn’t matter ... he has still brought in 500 million pounds worth of players... no matter where he’s had the cash from he has still spent that amount bringing players in ...or to put it simpler .. a collection of other clubs have received payments from Liverpool totalling approximately 500 million
Of course it matters. If you sell your best player for £140M, you have to replace with like or a number or replacements, which costs approx. the same or you weaken the squad. If you sell no players and spend £140M you clearly strengthen the squad.

Put it this way, if club X had £1Bn worth of players, sold 10 of them for £800M, bought 6 players for £300M, you would expect them to do brilliantly because "a collection of clubs had received payments from X totalling approximately £300M."

The point is people imply that a club should do better because they've spent £300M (or whatever), inferring that the money spent was obviously to improve the team. But if you've lost players to a similar or greater value, you may just have stood still or maybe even gone backwards.

"You've spent big so should win stuff" is way to narrow an observation.

How much did Everton spend last summer, for example?

Of course it matters. If you sell your best player for £140M, you have to replace with like or a number or replacements, which costs approx. the same or you weaken the squad. If you sell no players and spend £140M you clearly strengthen the squad.

Put it this way, if club X had £1Bn worth of players, sold 10 of them for £800M, bought 6 players for £300M, you would expect them to do brilliantly because "a collection of clubs had received payments from X totalling approximately £300M."
A wise man once told me that you can’t argue with stupid.

For that reason I’m out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back