Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC" part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't it? I'm talking about money spent by clubs and completely out of any context, someone is trying to get a rise out me asking what I think of Heysel. Does he care what I think about it; really?

If I take on your point then you have to accept that for many Evertonians that wound is still raw , however many years ago exacerbated by the Bucharest banner that wasn’t too long ago .

Now there are many reasons for the way blues feel about it some of which some could argue aren’t Liverpool’s fault but the response of many Liverpool fans to Heysel certainly didn’t help heal wounds and your ‘tragic incident ‘ comment however well meant could be seen by many to perpetuate that opinion.

If I take on your point then you have to accept that for many Evertonians that wound is still raw , however many years ago exacerbated by the Bucharest banner that wasn’t too long ago .

Now there are many reasons for the way blues feel about it some of which some could argue aren’t Liverpool’s fault but the response of many Liverpool fans to Heysel certainly didn’t help heal wounds and your ‘tragic incident ‘ comment however well meant could be seen by many to perpetuate that opinion.
The difference is that any other group of fans would wear it as a mark of shame and be truly embarrassed by it. Liverpool fans ignore it, play it down, treat it as an unavoidable accident, act as if they were equally impacted by it or worse, as I have seen, use it to goad and deride.

Shameful stuff.

What do the sales of your players have to do with it (per most of the posters on here)?

And to answer your completely unrelated question, it was a tragic incident, hopefully never repeated, that happened before many people posting on this forum were born.

Just out of polite interest, what has that got to do with it ?

The difference is that any other group of fans would wear it as a mark of shame and be truly embarrassed by it. Liverpool fans ignore it, play it down, treat it as an unavoidable accident, act as if they were equally impacted by it or worse, as I have seen, use it to goad and deride.

Shameful stuff.

Whilst trying to be polite in my post that’s basically the point I was trying to make mate.

I do understand that, genuinely, but if time is meant to be a healer, 33 years is a lifetime for some people.

Liverpool have plenty of ar**hole fans, like every club, but how should I answer such an obviously inflammatory question? Basically for some on here, unless I say I'm a "wall-pusher" or a "murderer" (both quoted countless times on here) I'm "offended by everything, ashamed of nothing". So how would you have me answer?

Shameful stuff.
I take that point, but how many times have Everton fans on here used it goad?

Mark Twain : “ Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience”
And I got called patronising. Not quite sure what I've said to twice be labelled stupid, but I guess that's what I get for being a Liverpool fan on this forum lol

And I got called patronising. Not quite sure what I've said to twice be labelled stupid, but I guess that's what I get for being a Liverpool fan on this forum lol
You really are a bizzarre kopite, are there any other kind? I don’t come in this thread often , I’m more interested in Everton, but I saw a quote from a fellow blue, and provided the original quote from Twain. Nothing at all to do with you, but I guess you feel the victim....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back