Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC" part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
By that logic, for the fee signed, Richarlison should score 40+ goals next season, a la Salah? Liverpool have only invested the real big money (with no key players departing) this season. So to expect a CL or Prem win immediately is stretching it slightly. City would still have a stronger squad than Liverpool, even if another £80-100M was invested. Arguably now on par with Utd, squad-wise.
Funny isn't it that when Everton spend big it's delusional, whereas when Liverpool do it it's just to gain parity.

I think therein likes the difference between our fans.
The only way you can be delusional about spending big money is if you said you were spending big money when you weren't, or you were spending big money but saying you weren't. I assume you mean something different to either of those scenarios, though.

The only way you can be delusional about spending big money is if you said you were spending big money when you weren't, or you were spending big money but saying you weren't. I assume you mean something different to either of those scenarios, though.

Haven't you lot been the 3 rd biggest spending club in the prem over the last 10-15 years and won the carling cup only on the back of it? Always moaning about other clubs spends but you lot have been right up their. Did manage to recoup a bit over the last 2 years though I guess.

Jose getting the popcorn out early.
I understand he’s trying to wind people up but there’s some truth there. Enormous pressure.
I predict Klopp with flip on the line before the season is over.

Jose will do him like a kipper. He’ll be inside his head before the season even starts. The charade of the fun hipster uncle giving out hugs will soon disappear once Jose takes him through the wringer.

I got a bloke working for me today, typical RS, first thing he sad "did you see the scores form last night", "we beat city"!! FFS, it was a friendly, they had 2 players that I have even heard of and you lot had a near full squad out. If they had lost, they'd have never mentioned it or "it was a meaningless match".

I slipped in to conversation later on how I have bet £20 that city will win the league by 10+ points. I haven't, it was a lie but it did his head in that I never considered them as getting a sniff.

Based on the number of 'Everton are delusional if they think spending big will let them challenge the top 6' comments by RS on twitter and on here then I feel I'm on safe ground using it as an example. But I think you already knew that and were just feigning ignorance as your 'theres no pressure on us as we are only spending big to match Man City and Man Utd' narrative is absurd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back