Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC" part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pressure will get to them, going into the season getting classed as title contenders and all the questions post match questions about last nights win being a marker put to City.......after 2 games is utterly embarrising.

Houllier was on the radio before the match saying every team has dips throughout the season and when City have theors Liverpool need to pounce. No mention of Liverpool potentially having a dip

It all ramps up the pressure, then the fans ramp up the pressure, a couple if poor results and the manager feels the pressure. City are miles ahead of them, then its between the rs, chelsea, spurs and utd to fight it out for 2nd, 3rd or 4th spot.
He does, clue: every team.

No he doesn't he excludes Liverpool because he says when City have a dip Liverpool need to be ready to pounce and has no mention of Liverpool having a dip themselves.

As much as it pains me to agree with one of our lurkers, he did say "every team" -- which automatically includes them. Not "every other team." And now I have to take a long, hot shower to rid myself of the stench.

As much as it pains me to agree with one of our lurkers, he did say "every team" -- which automatically includes them. Not "every other team." And now I have to take a long, hot shower to rid myself of the stench.

The way i heard it sounded to me like he was basically saying when ( not if ) City slip up the rs have to pounce.

Maybe its just me though, but thats how it sounded to me

Would love it if we went unbeaten in the league against them again this season and it cost them the title because we have City 6 points and plus 8 on their goal difference.

The way i heard it sounded to me like he was basically saying when ( not if ) City slip up the rs have to pounce.

Maybe its just me though, but thats how it sounded to me
To be fair, if City slip, then they do need to pounce on that as their opportunity. Just like we have to pounce if Arsenal or any one else out of the Sky 6 falter. I do however think that City will be machine like in their accumulation of wins and points in the league this year. No chance for the rs.

I do think that we might get a stumble from one or two which might let us in if we have cajones enough to take the chance. I can see Arsenal and United faltering. Hopefully Spurs.... there's always a chance! (Optimism brought to you by two decent-ish games early in the league against lesser opposition - I feel like Gerrard ranting about not slipping before the inevitable now).

aka, yeah we were average...but still won 2-0 away from home...Imagine what we'll do when we hit full speed
#sniffit
If that is what I meant I would have typed that. More teams will sit back like Palace did and I think that's why Keita has been brought in. Still won't finish above City.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back