• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC" part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know, living abroad, nobody really understands all my many reasons for loathing everything about that weird cult. I only stumbled across GOT this week so I'll share an oldy but a goody for those who haven't seen it. Phil Neal when asked about Heysel. Doesn't like to talk about it... Unless you pay him.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2005/apr/03/newsstory.sport

(Scroll down a bit... The way Jackson just quotes it verbatem is, as a journo myself, chuffing magnificent)

Who were the two players that applauded each of the two rockets that were fired at the Juve fans??

View attachment 61290
Can someone tell me why social media soccer AM virgins make so much about players knocking a ball in an empty net from 6 yards without looking?

No look 30yard screamer: impressive

No look tap in: the type of thing you’d twofoot your own teammate for in Sunday league.

Thank you and goodnight.

Because he knows it will get him in the media spotlight. Same with Salah’s stupid celebrations and his T-shirt, Klopp’s cringey singing etc. They’re always looking for some marketing gimmick they can try and monetise. He probably did it once as a joke and some social media hack in cult towers will have told him it created a ripple in x market in the world and he should keep doing it and make it his thing so that one day they can shove it on a T-shirt and sell it to some cult clone.

You know, living abroad, nobody really understands all my many reasons for loathing everything about that weird cult. I only stumbled across GOT this week so I'll share an oldy but a goody for those who haven't seen it. Phil Neal when asked about Heysel. Doesn't like to talk about it... Unless you pay him.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2005/apr/03/newsstory.sport

(Scroll down a bit... The way Jackson just quotes it verbatem is, as a journo myself, chuffing magnificent)

As we always say on here, with all things showing them in a poor light, the RS feel if they don't talk about it, it didn't happen. As you're a new poster, have a look back at the many Heysel related posts on here.

What is wrong with that cult. You know the woman will be getting death threats and people turfing through her twitter account. Justice for hamman will be trending etc.

Not even funny, that they do stuff like this when serious crimes like racism and assault are concerned.

Still can't believe they won the Champions League. We're going on about consolation prize but it just seems like a defence mechanism. Reality is it's the biggest prize in club footy.

I just knew when we were singing 'You're going to win **** all, it was going to bite us. Silver lining it was the game which cost them the title and the fact is we will always have that. I just don't understand why we all decided to sing that out. Why were we so convinced? Were we all being caught up in the moment of how great the game went? Lads at work have been at me about that chant since June 2nd and it grates me that i have to answer for a small minority of our fanbase who got ahead of themselves
Well, what's it to be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back