• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC" part 3

Here is what I said verbatim.

"A tiny proportion of Democrats are doing bad things in the States, a tiny proportion of Jews did bad things in the 30s in Germany. Likewise, a tiny proportion of RS will have done bad things." I then also said

" I posted 'a tiny proportion of Jews did bad things in the 30s in Germany'. The NAZI party then used that as a way to make horrific sweeping generalisations about Jewish people "

A tiny proportion of any group will inevitably do bad things. After all we are all human. In no way is stating that anti-Semitic or racist. What is wrong is using that tiny proportion and then using it to stereotype a whole group. That is what Trump supporters are doing at the moment in the states, that is what happened in Germany and that is what you continually do here.

You really cannot help yourself can you. Even in this post you are trying to create a stereotype so you can attack it. If you are a moderate republican in the States and do not agree with Trump then you are branded a left wing Dem, In Germany if you objected to the horrific things the Nazi party were doing you were a Jew sympathiser.

On here because I refuse to agree with your stupid generalisations you are branding a fellow blue a RS and then using that to reinforce your juvenile need to create stereotypes you can attack.

That is the equivalence with Nazi Germany and shows what can happen when you try to cast the sins of an individual on a group.

I really dont care whether you agree with me or not lad.

However continuing to repeat that "jews did bad things" in the 1930s is not helping you at all. Best to apologise, admit you got it badly wrong, and move on.

Oh and I never called you anti Semitic until you proved yourself as such. So don’t give me the throwing around.....

You cant come to any other conclusion when he does 2 anti-semitic things;

1) Compare Liverpool fans experience to that of Jewish people in the 1930s.

2) Make our Jews doing "bad things" were at least partially responsible for the Nazi atrocities.

Hes not a completely stupid person, so its hard to avoid the conclusion hes motivated by anti-semitism. The fact he just keeps doubling down on the offensive comments above, and doesnt retract sort of solidifies that to me.

I really dont care whether you agree with me or not lad.

However continuing to repeat that "jews did bad things" in the 1930s is not helping you at all. Best to apologise, admit you got it badly wrong, and move on.
I have quoted verbatim what I said "a tiny proportion" so why do you keep twisting that and then trying to legitimize it by putting quotation remarks around your twisted version.

If you want to use quotation marks then quote what I actually said, it isn't difficult.

Why would I apologise, when what I said is correct. A tiny proportion of Jewish people did bad things. That is normal a tiny proportion of all races, genders, etc do bad things.

What should have happened is that those individuals should have been treated as individuals. Instead, the statistically average actions of individuals was used to attack Jewish people in general, with horrific repercussions.

Exactly what you do with the RS.

The moderates in Germany who said hang on judge people as individuals and don't create stereotypes and hatred were branded Jew sympathisers.

Moderates on here are branded RS.

With that I will bow out, with the hope that the thread can return to one about humour and banter.

I have quoted verbatim what I said "a tiny proportion" so why do you keep twisting that and then trying to legitimize it by putting quotation remarks around your twisted version.

If you want to use quotation marks then quote what I actually said, it isn't difficult.

Why would I apologise, when what I said is correct. A tiny proportion of Jewish people did bad things. That is normal a tiny proportion of all races, genders, etc do bad things.

What should have happened is that those individuals should have been treated as individuals. Instead, the statistically average actions of individuals was used to attack Jewish people in general, with horrific repercussions.

The moderates in Germany who said hang on judge people as individuals and don't create stereotypes and hatred were branded Jew sympathisers.

With that I will bow out, with the hope that the thread can return to one about humour and banter.
The issue is that you’re comparing that to a group of football supporters you utter utter weirdo.

You cant come to any other conclusion when he does 2 anti-semitic things;

1) Compare Liverpool fans experience to that of Jewish people in the 1930s.

2) Make our Jews doing "bad things" were at least partially responsible for the Nazi atrocities.

Hes not a completely stupid person, so its hard to avoid the conclusion hes motivated by anti-semitism. The fact he just keeps doubling down on the offensive comments above, and doesnt retract sort of solidifies that to me.
Except I haven't done either.

1. I haven't even mentioned Liverpool fans experience. What I have mentioned is your continually need to stereotype certain groups based on the actions of individuals.

2. To say that I have said that Jewish people were partly responsible for the holocaust is both factually incorrect and another example of you looking to twist things.

You really cannot help yourself can you. With that I am definitely bowing out.

Alright mate I believe you’re into postcodes. Mine is L4 and I drink in the Brick before and after the game. I stand leaning on the little glass partition by the County Road door watching the early game. Come and say hello, I’m 60 but that might not help cos most people tell me I only look about 58.

I find your hounding of @catcherintherye rather disturbing tbh.

You should apologise because stating "Jews did bad things" (what bad things, care to give an example?) is a hurtful and inaccurate slur on them. Likewise the Nazis brutalised Jewish people on their own prejudice, not I response to Jewish behaviour. The comments were completely needless as well, I have no idea why you brought that into the discussion.

Youd also apologise to me, for making a comparison between me challenging your behaviour, or others attitudes to Liverpool supporters being a moral equivalence of what the Nazis did to Jewish people. Again it's extremely offensive to them.

Even the worst reds I know, who will have the most ridiculous and entrenched views on Evertonians is a million miles away from what the Nazis did. There is simply no comparison.

So before you bow out, you ought to have the basic decency to apologise for your conduct. It's been incredibly offensive and hurtful to a range of different groups.

I find your hounding of @catcherintherye rather disturbing tbh.

Thanks mate!

I apologise for overtaking the thread somewhat, but do feel I have to offer some defence of myself when he is stating that my behaviour towards anyone is as equivalent of the Nazis. His anger seems to come from me suggesting to him that justifying the Nazis behaviour on the basis of "bad Jewish behaviour" is not on.

A few of them think I'm Jewish (I'm not) so its never much of a surprise they go down the line they do. It's all a bit sad.

I try to ignore him, but likening me to the Nazis does require some response.

Thanks mate!

I apologise for overtaking the thread somewhat, but do feel I have to offer some defence of myself when he is stating that my behaviour towards anyone is as equivalent of the Nazis. His anger seems to come from me suggesting to him that justifying the Nazis behaviour on the basis of "bad Jewish behaviour" is not on.

A few of them think I'm Jewish (I'm not) so its never much of a surprise they go down the line they do. It's all a bit sad.

I try to ignore him, but likening me to the Nazis does require some response.

No need to apologise mate.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back