• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC" part 3

Basically spot on that mate.

I have no idea why he chose that as an example. Or why he keeps repeating the same rubbish. He's not actually clarified what he meant either, despite being asked, so you are bang on about what he means being the 2 anti-semitic myths.

Nobody gives a monkeys who he supports, he gets criticism because of the nonsense he posts.
I chose it as an example of what can ultimately happen if you allow hatred to go unchecked.

I specifically stated that a tiny proportion of Jewish people did bad things in the 1930s. I also stated that a tiny percentage of all groups have within their number a tiny proportion of people who do bad things. That is just a fact of life.

What is wrong is to ignore the things that everyone else does and to home in on the group that you wish to target. More specifically to use the sins of an individual to try and smear a group of people. Let's make it crystal clear here the Jewish people were the victims of a horrific regime, and they did nothing wrong as a group.

So to come out with absolute nonsense about me saying anything whatsoever anti-Semitic is nonsense, sadly it is what you do.

For clarity, I never even mentioned anything to do with the anti-Semitic myths and never criticized Jewish people in any way whatsoever. The people I criticized were the hate filled people who used normal human failings to smear and attack Jewish people.

I also compared it to the way the right wing media in this country treats the misdemeanours of individual immigrants or asylum seekers and then uses that to project hatred towards whole groups. Normal everyday behaviour is magnified and used to divide people.

The irony is that you choose to call me an anti-Semite and a racist with no evidence for merely asking you not to target people and to not judges a group of people by the actions of individuals

I will always support Everton with all my heart, however I will always detest the scum across the park that unfortunately we have to share the city with.
Which did you prefer the 80's when we used to share coaches down to Wembley together, stand side by side on terraces with no hint of trouble. Or the absolute hatred that we get now.

I know which I prefer.

Basically spot on that mate.

I have no idea why he chose that as an example. Or why he keeps repeating the same rubbish. He's not actually clarified what he meant either, despite being asked, so you are bang on about what he means being the 2 anti-semitic myths.

Nobody gives a monkeys who he supports, he gets criticism because of the nonsense he posts.
I am giving him the benefit of the doubt, and assuming he didn't know the 2 main myths.

However google isn't far away, and now I've pointed it out he can no longer claim ignorance on the subject.

Here is hoping he see's the error of his ways. Admitting when you are wrong is the measure of any decent person.

I chose it as an example of what can ultimately happen if you allow hatred to go unchecked.

I specifically stated that a tiny proportion of Jewish people did bad things in the 1930s. I also stated that a tiny percentage of all groups have within their number a tiny proportion of people who do bad things. That is just a fact of life.

What is wrong is to ignore the things that everyone else does and to home in on the group that you wish to target. More specifically to use the sins of an individual to try and smear a group of people. Let's make it crystal clear here the Jewish people were the victims of a horrific regime, and they did nothing wrong as a group.

So to come out with absolute nonsense about me saying anything whatsoever anti-Semitic is nonsense, sadly it is what you do.

For clarity, I never even mentioned anything to do with the anti-Semitic myths and never criticized Jewish people in any way whatsoever. The people I criticized were the hate filled people who used normal human failings to smear and attack Jewish people.

I also compared it to the way the right wing media in this country treats the misdemeanours of individual immigrants or asylum seekers and then uses that to project hatred towards whole groups. Normal everyday behaviour is magnified and used to divide people.

The irony is that you choose to call me an anti-Semite and a racist with no evidence for merely asking you not to target people and to not judges a group of people by the actions of individuals
It's the equivalence that is wrong.

The Jews where persecuted based on propaganda and untruths.

Liverpool fans are tarred by the bad behaviour of their own supports, players and actions of the club.

There are no similarities between the two, and continuing to try and relate them both is dishonest at best.

It's the equivalence that is wrong.

The Jews where persecuted based on propaganda and untruths.

Liverpool fans are tarred by the bad behaviour of their own supports, players and actions of the club.

There are no similarities between the two, and continuing to try and relate them both is dishonest at best.
The equivalence is that all clubs have supporters that behave badly, players that behave badly and the less said about the owners of Premier League Clubs the better. What is wrong is ignoring the actions of supporters of other clubs and honing in on the RS to promote hatred.

All clubs have players and fans who do bad things at times.

What is wrong is taking the actions of individuals and using it to condemn a whole group of people.

They are our rivals and I don't have a problem with poking fun at them or having banter what I don't agree with is people crossing the line of simple decency.

The equivalence is that all clubs have supporters that behave badly, players that behave badly and the less said about the owners of Premier League Clubs the better. What is wrong is ignoring the actions of supporters of other clubs and honing in on the RS to promote hatred.

What is wrong is taking the actions of individuals and using it to condemn a whole group of people.

They are our rivals and I don't have a problem with poking fun at them or having banter what I don't agree with is people crossing the line of simple decency.

Except you do.

And you're ignoring the Sunderland, Leeds, Newcastle, Spurs, Arteta and Pep threads.

Might that be the reason folk are a tad suspicious of you?

Bringing the persecution of the Jews and the holocaust wasn't necessary to the point you're trying to make.

To be frank, you're continued persistence in equating the 2 has rended any argument you may have had as obsolete.

Which is why I have advised dropping it now and moving on. If you are an Evertonian, as you claim to be, this is a poor hill to die on.

Maybe pass that thought on to "God" eh, "Hendo"...

26F8B63D00000578-3010645-image-m-54_1427276808036.jpg

"At 17 I came out, I struggled through my teenage years but the one thing that always made me feel at home was Liverpool. Seeing this means the world to me, it truly does!"

I wonder if those fans who sit in the disabled area in front of the Kop were made to feel at home.

Bringing the persecution of the Jews and the holocaust wasn't necessary to the point you're trying to make.

To be frank, you're continued persistence in equating the 2 has rended any argument you may have had as obsolete.

Which is why I have advised dropping it now and moving on. If you are an Evertonian, as you claim to be, this is a poor hill to die on.

That's it really.

If his point is it's out of order to either generalise on a football forum that point can be made. However there is no comparison to the Holocaust. That wasnt about people generalizing on a forum, it was about a systemic and thought through assault on a race of people. It was motivated by eugenics.

Thay he initially needlessly chose the Holocaust to try and illustrate a pretty ridiculous point, is bizarre. That he has bow repeated that trope, multiple times, over several days and refused to engage with it being explained to him is very demonstrative.

It's fine to make a mistake. Listen to what people say, hold your hands up and apologise. He doesnt do that, he keeps doubling dow8n and repeating the slurs against Jewish people and victims of the Holocaust. People can read into that how they choose, but I've made my feelings quite clear.

"At 17 I came out, I struggled through my teenage years but the one thing that always made me feel at home was Liverpool. Seeing this means the world to me, it truly does!"

I wonder if those fans who sit in the disabled area in front of the Kop were made to feel at home.
They're very welcoming....

MPP_LEC_100315_Praying_01.jpg

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back